empunhar, manejar, brandir, dominar, governar
Verb(1) have and exercise(2) handle effectively
(1) She was strong and could wield any weapon that was handed to her.(2) Now, more than ever, we need to continue our growth as a political force so that we may one day be able to wield the power the Supreme Court has given us today.(3) They ministered to the religious needs of the people and were able to wield considerable influence.(4) I have never had any general fight training, so each time I have to wield a weapon I start from scratch.(5) Which daring seekers will wield those tools, and to what effect?(6) These fifty-somethings have plans, and the spending power to wield influence.(7) Many hope that the province will be able to wield some influence with Ottawa when it comes to allocation of the resource next year.(8) How will the new editors wield their enormous influence on the local book world?(9) The Royal Company of Archers is a group of mostly elderly men who dress up for ceremonial events, but they also wield power and influence.(10) Was that Cabinet minister under a misapprehension or do you actually wield power or influence?(11) The most impressive new feature is the ability to wield two weapons at once.(12) The second claim is that corporations wield massive power over nation states.(13) The government wields enormous power over the economy, and industrialists are always looking for ways to promote their interests.(14) The warrior goddess, riding upon a lion and wielding a weapon in each of her 10 arms.(15) It did not help that it had been years since he had wielded any weapon other then a small dagger.(16) It was really quite remarkable to watch, and she stared in awe as he wielded his weapon with expert precision and timing.
(1) band width :: largura de banda
(2) overall width :: largura total
(3) pulse width :: largura do pulso
(4) shoulder width :: a largura do ombro
(5) line width :: espessura da linha
(6) column width :: largura da coluna
(7) wide width :: largura ampla
(8) full width :: largura completa
(9) length and width :: comprimento e largura
(10) in width :: de largura
Tags for the entry 'wield'
What wield means in Portuguese, wield meaning
in Portuguese, wield
definition, examples and pronunciation
of wield in Portuguese language.