estado, condição, posição, categoria, situação jurídica, estado legal
Noun(1) the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society(2) a state at a particular time, or state
(1) those who enjoy wealth and status(2) when I updated my status on Facebook yesterday I said I was 'seeking a sense of purpose'(3) Cheran enjoyed his new found status as an actor as fans mobbed him everywhere.(4) Among some southern tribes, the number of cattle a family owns is a sign of wealth and status .(5) Its organic status gave it the gutsy real flavours that chemicals never can.(6) Do the recent track records of returning stars warrant their elevated status in new shows?(7) So there is one more race to follow, and nearly enough candidates to apply for official club status .(8) an update on the status of the bill(9) I noticed that there were some interesting status updates from some of my local friends(10) They are mediocre nonentities who demand to know your tax history, your type of business, your social status .(11) So far, only two other railway lines have been granted the status from nearly 800 sites worldwide.(12) Kindly bear with us for another 2 working days and I can assure you that we will surely update you with the status .(13) The former is a preliminary step to sainthood, while the latter is the elevation to the status of saint.(14) On the one hand, it was a powerful tool to enhance or sustain personal and corporate power, wealth, and status .(15) She toyed with them incessantly as she typed up the daily status and safety reports.(16) an improvement in the status of women
(1) marital status :: Estado civil
(2) status quo :: status quo
(3) status bar :: Barra de status
(4) social status :: status social
(5) martial status :: Estado civil
(6) civil status :: Estado civil
(7) legal status :: status legal
(8) status report :: relatório de status
(9) status symbol :: simbolo de status
(10) material status :: condição do material
1. standing ::
2. prestige ::
3. state ::
4. condition ::
5. position ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I changed my Facebook STATUS to "Sheldon
wishes Penny would leave him alone."
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
The Cradle is down. Top,
what's your STATUS?
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
He's responsible for the demotion
of Pluto from planetary STATUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
Thinking all that mattered
was money and the STATUS and...
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
...updating my Facebook STATUS...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
English to Portuguese Dictionary: status
Meaning and definitions of status, translation in Portuguese
language for status with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of status in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'status'
What status means in Portuguese, status meaning
in Portuguese, status
definition, examples and pronunciation
of status in Portuguese language.