Noun(1) a characteristic sound(2) a toroidal shape(3) a rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling(4) (chemistry(5) an association of criminals(6) the sound of a bell ringing(7) a platform usually marked off by ropes in which contestants box or wrestle(8) jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels(9) a strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration
Verb(1) sound loudly and sonorously(2) ring or echo with sound(3) make (bells(4) get or try to get into communication (with someone(5) extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle(6) attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify
(1) But besides being the only woman in the drug ring , there was nothing out of the ordinary about her.(2) To cure Fred of his practical joking, Barney convinces his friend that he is running a counterfeiting ring out of his basement.(3) But I guess we could give you a ring whenever we practiced for like, more than five minutes.(4) If he agreed to the job the Doctor had just about given him the green light to take over small countries or start up his own drug smuggling ring .(5) There would be a ring of dudes and one dude would be in the middle and then one by one, someone would tackle you and if you fell in the first minute, you had to run a mile as fast as you could.(6) a ring ditch(7) Technicians ensure that all calls are followed up as required - before the customer needs to ring back.(8) He told the AA man he would ring back in half an hour.(9) Strangely, she thought she heard soft singing under the rhythmic ring of a hammer on metal├ö├ç┬¬(10) The audience were seated in rows of benches surrounding the ring .(11) Before leaving, I search Jerry's study until I find a set of keys on a plastic ring labeled Cabo.(12) there was a ring at the door(13) Rumors carried on the wind; the most prevalent, that the twine were one, carried a disturbing ring of possibility.(14) At first they don't get along, but in the course of investigating a murder, they uncover a drug ring ├ö├ç┬¬ and a friendship.(15) All that Walker said had the sharp ring of truth to it.(16) He had just stepped into the center of the ring of Falcons.
(1) wedding ring :: anel de noivado
(2) ring up :: circundar
(3) the ring :: o anel
(4) to ring :: tocar
(5) ring finger :: dedo anelar
(6) onion ring :: anel de cebola
(7) engagement ring :: anel de noivado
(8) ring the bell :: tocar a campainha
(9) seal ring :: anel de vedação
(10) gold ring :: anel de ouro
1. circle ::
2. wedding ring ::
anel de noivado
3. arena ::
4. gang ::
5. chime ::
6. ringing ::
7. pack ::
8. band ::
9. hoop ::
10. annulus ::
11. closed chain ::
12. surround ::
13. toll ::
14. resound ::
15. call ::
16. peal ::
17. environ ::
18. band ::
19. knell ::
dobre a finados
ring, ringed, ringer, ringers, ringing, ringings, ringlike, ringling, rings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"If you like it,
you should've put a RING on it."
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
Oh, just let it RING.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
It's not me. It's my new RING tone.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
♪ Shorty moving in my hand
Million dollar diamond RING ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
Gentlemen, this is the One Ring.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
English to Portuguese Dictionary: ring
Meaning and definitions of ring, translation in Portuguese
language for ring with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ring in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ring'
What ring means in Portuguese, ring meaning
in Portuguese, ring
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ring in Portuguese language.