Noun(1) an indefinite quantity of something having a specified value(2) the quality that renders something desirable or valuable or useful(3) French couturier (born in England, 1825-1895
Adjective(1) (often used ironically(2) having a specified value
(1) The full course of medicines worth Rs.4,000 is given absolutely free to the patient, said Dr. Leela.(2) If each person has equal worth , the limitations on their achievement and contribution must be systematically broken down.(3) A group spokesman said many of the 90 trees were rare and worth protecting but that a council officer had suggested rarity was not a concern.(4) Still, there are some courses that are worth playing regularly and this is one of them.(5) If you're worth that amount of money, you tell people what you really think.(6) it's worth a lot to me that you're here(7) the information must be of some worth(8) So you are saying that a human life is worth a specific amount of money?(9) The corporation is testing a new system that will make an entire week's worth of output available at the click of a mouse.(10) They only wanted one segment from New Zealand and had chosen me as the only character here interesting enough to be worth filming.(11) The winners and runners up photos are on display in Mulligans Pharmacy, Ballybricken, and are really worth a visit.(12) the fire caused 100,000 euro's worth of damage(13) Your argument seems to suggest that people everywhere measure worth primarily or exclusively in terms of monetary value.(14) Bielsa found he was worth one third of the original value due to the financial crisis.(15) Again, we contacted only a comparatively small sample of hairdressers, so it may be worth checking a few yourself.(16) If you do, and you find this account worth publishing, then please edit and let me know what you have done.
(1) worth it :: Vale a pena
(2) net worth :: patrimônio líquido
(3) be worth :: valer a pena
(4) it was worth it :: valeu a pena
(5) not worth :: não vale a pena
(6) worth seeing :: Vale a pena ver
(7) it's worth it :: Vale a pena
(8) for what it's worth :: para o que vale a pena
(9) worth mentioning :: Vale a pena mencionar
1. deserving ::
2. value ::
3. price ::
4. cost ::
5. valuation ::
6. quotation ::
7. estimate ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Uh, a bird in the hand
is WORTH two in the bush?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
See what your steel is WORTH.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
What's WORTH more,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
Yes, well, they say a picture's
WORTH a thousand words,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
WORTH hundreds of dollars,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
English to Portuguese Dictionary: worth
Meaning and definitions of worth, translation in Portuguese
language for worth with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of worth in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'worth'
What worth means in Portuguese, worth meaning
in Portuguese, worth
definition, examples and pronunciation
of worth in Portuguese language.