truque, artimanha, artifício, ardil, estratagema, trapaça, habilidade, proeza, embuste, prestidigitação, arapucaenganar, iludir, lograr, intrujar
Noun(1) a cunning or deceitful action or device(2) a period of work or duty(3) an attempt to get you to do something foolish or imprudent(4) a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement(5) an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers(6) a prostitute's customer(7) (card games
Verb(1) deceive somebody
(1) It is not an optical illusion or trick photography.(2) We do our usual trick of ignoring him completely while not getting between him and the art, and he returns the favour by ignoring us and quietly declining to even acknowledge our existence.(3) The second question is a trick question, so I won't answer it.(4) He was romancing his long-term girlfriend when he was arrested for getting oral sex from the $60-a-' trick ' prostitute.(5) But then again it could just be a trick of the light!(6) The center cards are given to the first player capturing a trick with a heart or with the queen of spades.(7) The winner scores the point value of the two cards in the trick , as per the table above.(8) And then Elena saw the change in him, so fast, so dramatic, that she wondered if she had really witnessed it or if it had been a trick of the light.(9) Steelkilt calculated his time, and found that his next trick at the helm would come round at two o'clock.(10) I knew she was asking me a trick question, so I went for it.(11) Maybe it was a trick of the light, but the fire seemed brighter.(12) So our concern is not to answer the relativist by some cunning intellectual or metaphysical trick .(13) The student has picked up a mannerism or trick , perhaps from a film or pop source, whose real origin is Schoenberg or Messiaen.(14) A Western team filmed him with infrared cameras and, of course, were able to show that he was performing a conjuring trick .(15) For some reason, I'm a sucker for trick questions.(16) It was only as I was slowly talking my way through the question that I realised it was a trick question.
(1) trick or treat :: doçura ou travessura
(2) hat trick :: Hat trick
(3) dirty trick :: truque sujo
(4) play a trick :: jogar um truque
(5) do the trick :: Faça o truque
(6) trick question :: pegadinha
(7) play a trick on :: pregar uma peça em
(8) trick out :: enganar o
(9) trick shot :: tiro do truque
(10) trick of the trade :: truque do comércio
1. stratagem ::
2. practical joke ::
3. feat ::
4. knack ::
5. joke ::
6. whoremaster ::
7. deception ::
8. deceive ::
9. fob ::
trick, tricked, trickily, tricking, tricks, tricky
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Is this some kind of TRICK?
Why do you want to help him?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
It's not a TRICK.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Don't try and TRICK me
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
So, TRICK her.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
There never was one.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
English to Portuguese Dictionary: trick
Meaning and definitions of trick, translation in Portuguese
language for trick with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of trick in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'trick'
What trick means in Portuguese, trick meaning
in Portuguese, trick
definition, examples and pronunciation
of trick in Portuguese language.