torre, campanário, torreão, fortaleza, cidadela, defesa, proteção
Noun(1) a structure taller than its diameter; can stand alone or be attached to a larger building(2) anything that approximates the shape of a column or tower(3) a powerful small boat designed to pull or push larger ships
Verb(1) appear very large or occupy a commanding position
(1) Climbing to the top of a tall building, a hill, or a church tower is a great way to get a feel for a place.(2) Behind it, soaring for 70 metres into the sky, was the tower protecting the sanctum.(3) Bangalore is a city that just grows on you, the way its trees have grown, to tower over the landscape.(4) The abbey buildings, huddled round the squat tower of the church, stood out sharp and clear against the pale outcrops of Dun-I hill.(5) Here, sheer limestone cliffs tower over gentle pastures and provide what many people believe is the finest scenery in the Alps.(6) This time a massive hydrogen bomb lifts its manmade plumes until they tower over the natural clouds.(7) A couple of old fir trees tower over the field, and yes, there's a house, a driveway, a garage, all well-kept.(8) Its most outstanding feature is the Turret House, built as a gatehouse and hunting tower and constructed in the French style, possibly due to Mary's influence.(9) A single man oversaw the entire operation from the command tower .(10) And every time we stand around the bar, they tower over me and block out the light.(11) he seemed to tower over everyone else(12) Airport officials used another tower to maintain operations during the incident.(13) a titanic tower of garbage(14) On the right is the lifeguard tower and the Adamson House.(15) a CD tower(16) A church tower crashed to the ground and a mosque's silver dome caved in.
(1) clock tower :: Torre do Relógio
(2) control tower :: Torre de controle
(3) water tower :: Torre de água
(4) tower crane :: guindaste de torre
(5) bell tower :: torre do sino
(6) tower block :: bloco de torre
(7) signal tower :: torre de sinal
1. steeple ::
2. column ::
3. towboat ::
4. soar ::
5. eclipse ::
6. predominate ::
tower, towered, towering, towers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Eastwatch-by-the-Sea and the Shadow Tower.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
How did he come to fall from that TOWER?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Ser Denys Mallister has commanded
the Shadow Tower for 20 years,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
I don't think Bran fell from that TOWER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
- It can go in here in this big TOWER.
- Be careful.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
English to Portuguese Dictionary: tower
Meaning and definitions of tower, translation in Portuguese
language for tower with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tower in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'tower'
What tower means in Portuguese, tower meaning
in Portuguese, tower
definition, examples and pronunciation
of tower in Portuguese language.