passeio, tour, excursão, circuito, volta, giro, viagem de recreio
Noun(1) a journey or route all the way around a particular place or area(2) a time period for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else(3) a period of time spent in military service
Verb(1) make a tour of a certain place
(1) In 1610 Hobbes went with Cavendish on a European tour and they visited France, Germany, and Italy.(2) The Australian's 62 was his lowest career round on the tour by three shots.(3) That's why I love going on tour with the footie team.(4) Why postpone it merely because the National team is on tour .(5) The other constant is that teams at the end of their season find it increasingly difficult to perform successfully on tour .(6) This is the standard defence often used in trying to excuse otherwise often outrageous behaviour by sporting teams on tour or on pre season or post season trips.(7) The students then took a short tour of part of Dove House and afterwards joined the patients in the day room in a painting session.(8) Gemma had studied for her A levels, whilst performing on tour .(9) There is Annika Sorenstam here, the number one on the ladies' professional golf tour , the LPGA.(10) The US Open champion said the pressure was different from playing on tour .(11) he decided to tour France(12) Every museum director and curator embarking on a new building project should be required to tour these rooms.(13) Even a short tour of the museum fills you with disgust and revulsion once you overcome your disbelief.(14) It's a masterpiece of theatre that's been finely honed by the troupe performing the play on tour across Britain.(15) He last visited the island in November to tour earthquake-stricken areas in central Taiwan.(16) Some fear losing some of their best years on the college circuit, outside of the spotlight of the pro tennis tour .
(1) tour guide :: guia turístico
(2) guided tour :: visita guiada
(3) on tour :: em turnê
(4) city tour :: city tour
(5) tour operator :: operador turístico
(6) sightseeing tour :: passeio turístico
(7) package tour :: pacote turístico
(8) tour bus :: ônibus de turismo
(9) walking tour :: passeio a pé
(10) tour leader :: líder da excursão
2. visit ::
4. turn ::
5. circuit ::
6. travel around ::
viajar por aí
7. visit ::
tour, toured, touring, tourism, tourist, tourists, tours
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Thought I'd give the little woman
a TOUR of the old salt mines. Heh.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
Doctors Pemberton and Campbell
have been doing a press TOUR
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
Time for him to TOUR the Vale,
to visit all the castles in his domain.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
- Is this part of the TOUR?
- Nope. Goodbye.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
Let me give you
the virtual TOUR, okay?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
English to Portuguese Dictionary: tour
Meaning and definitions of tour, translation in Portuguese
language for tour with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tour in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'tour'
What tour means in Portuguese, tour meaning
in Portuguese, tour
definition, examples and pronunciation
of tour in Portuguese language.