apertado, estreito, firme, estanque, tenso, justo, impermeável, escasso, esticado, cerrado, vedado, raro, avarento, calafetado, avaro, apertado firme, difícil de obter
justaapertarapertadosapertoapertamais apertadotightesthermeticamenteapertocalças justas
Adjective(1) closely constrained or constricted or constricting(2) pulled or drawn tight(3) set so close together as to be invulnerable to penetration(4) pressed tightly together(5) (used of persons or behavior(6) affected by scarcity and expensive to borrow(7) of such close construction as to be impermeable(8) of textiles(9) securely or solidly fixed in place; rigid(10) (of a contest or contestants(11) very drunk(12) exasperatingly difficult to handle or circumvent(13) demanding strict attention to rules and procedures(14) packed closely together
Adverb(1) firmly or closely(2) in an attentive manner
(1) I felt very uneasy, as if my stomach was tight and tense, yet it was sloshing about and very empty.(2) Vick doesn't have a lot of experience in tight games in difficult surroundings.(3) It was also necessary to learn how to program incredibly efficiently and write extraordinarily tight code.(4) I refused to wear tight skirts, waistbands, or uncomfortable shoes.(5) He shot a large ball of light and I shut my eyes tight .(6) It was hard at times, like when money was tight , but all in all, he was great.(7) We sand-rakers are a tight group and while we could rake a mean sand pit in ten seconds, we could never throw anything.(8) He returned the tight grip causing my gaze to turn up to him.(9) Remember, short, tight turns are essential to controlling your speed on the steeps.(10) She also threw on a pair of black slacks that stretched tight over her thin legs.(11) If money is tight and restricting you from having the flowers you dream of then why not consider making your own bouquet.(12) My arms were almost turning purple, the rope was so tight .(13) The fighters of Alpha Squadron and Daemon Squadron roared through the void in a tight formation.(14) ├ö├ç├┐With Zidane coming back, France will play a tight midfield to allow him to be free and do his own thing,├ö├ç├û he noted.(15) She tried to turn, but the man's grasp on her body was too tight .(16) It's just ideal for ├ö├ç├┐bringing on├ö├ç├û delicate seedlings where garden space is too tight to allow a proper green house to be built.
(1) hold tight :: apertar
(2) tight-fisted :: avarento
(3) very tight :: muito apertado
(4) tight jeans :: Jeans apertado
(5) tight schedule :: agenda apertada
(6) tight junction :: junção apertado
(7) sit tight :: sentar-se firmemente
(8) tight-lipped :: inarticulado
(9) tight fit :: ajuste apertado
(10) tight spot :: local apertado
1. firm ::
2. taut ::
3. tight-fitting ::
4. compact ::
5. small ::
6. strict ::
7. busy ::
8. difficult ::
9. succinct ::
10. close ::
11. limited ::
12. sozzled ::
13. rigorous ::
14. compressed ::
15. mingy ::
16. nasty ::
17. fast ::
1. penetrable ::
2. permeable ::
tight, tighten, tightened, tightening, tightens, tighter, tightest, tightly, tightness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yeah, I'd like to
but I'm a little TIGHT on funds.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
And his TIGHT little pants
that somehow did not make him sterile.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 16
Funny expression, sleep TIGHT. Ha-ha. Ha.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
This one's a little TIGHT
under the arms.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
Make a fist. Tight.
There we go.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
English to Portuguese Dictionary: tight
Meaning and definitions of tight, translation in Portuguese
language for tight with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tight in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'tight'
What tight means in Portuguese, tight meaning
in Portuguese, tight
definition, examples and pronunciation
of tight in Portuguese language.