fita, fita métrica, nastro, linha de chegada, fita de gravador
Noun(1) a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening(2) a recording made on magnetic tape(3) the finishing line for a foot race(4) measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal(5) memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information
Verb(1) fasten or attach with tape(2) record on videotape(3) register electronically
(1) On the path a few solitary scraps of withered white and blue police tape were a solemn reminder of the crime scene.(2) secure the bandage with tape(3) If they survived that, and the ceremony, the newlyweds were required to hold the winning tape for a race among villagers along the main street.(4) In his address he complimented the huge turnout and afterwards he and the priest cut the tape to set the walkers on their way.(5) There was no blue and white tape , no forensic team.(6) He hadn't noticed before that the tape in the cassette player had come to an end and the cab was almost fittingly silent.(7) I also learned it doesn't pay to tape over old videos.(8) The Foley catheter then is secured to the patient's leg with a leg strap or tape .(9) Measure the distance with a tape .(10) She went into high gear in the last few meters on Friday to win the women's marathon, while Allan Ballester of the Philippines crossed the men's tape .(11) The criminals slot cardboard or plastic devices into the machine and stick double-sided tape to the card slot.(12) We went out to dine last night, so I set the video to tape Maria Callas: Living and Dying for Art and Love.(13) She takes a photograph of him from an envelope in her purse, and I tape the picture next to the others on the wall, in history.(14) Here is a tape of a live radio broadcast some years ago.(15) In a subtractive process, strips of tape are progressively removed from the canvas's surface as color is applied in a systematic fashion.(16) He had also wedged three home-made stun grenades, made from TNT, aluminium powder and tape , in his belt.
(1) tape measure :: fita métrica
(2) tape recorder :: gravador
(3) adhesive tape :: fita adesiva
(4) red tape :: fita vermelha
(5) measuring tape :: fita métrica
(6) duct tape :: fita adesiva
(7) masking tape :: fita adesiva
(8) sticky tape :: fita adesiva
(9) magnetic tape :: fita magnética
(10) video tape :: video cassete
1. binding ::
2. adhesive tape ::
4. magnetic tape ::
6. tape measure ::
7. bind ::
9. record ::
10. videotape ::
tape, taped, tapes, taping
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You hate Scotch TAPE,
but you love Scotch plaid.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
Honestly, you wanna wrap TAPE around
a bunch of pipe fittings all afternoon?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
and a roll of duct TAPE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
This thing is like the science
equivalent of a sex TAPE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
Take the tools and you duct TAPE them
under the lid of the loo, inside.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
English to Portuguese Dictionary: tape
Meaning and definitions of tape, translation in Portuguese
language for tape with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tape in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'tape'
What tape means in Portuguese, tape meaning
in Portuguese, tape
definition, examples and pronunciation
of tape in Portuguese language.