pesaroso, triste, arrependido, desolado, penalizado, desgostoso, desanimado, contrito
Adjective(1) feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone(2) bad; unfortunate(3) without merit; of little or no value or use(4) causing dejection
(1) She whetted a rag and wiped the floor as I dumped the sorry sight into the wastebasket.(2) Without the ability to swim and stamina, a Water Polo player is a sorry sight.(3) I'm sorry I'm so late(4) I'm sorry I said anything(5) The only kink in his plan was that he far preferred to sermonize on what he saw as the sorry state of business leadership.(6) The entire, sorry saga of managerial incompetence stems from that single decision.(7) The whole sorry business makes her think of this Canetti quote.(8) It's a sorry sight to see two stunted propshafts, encrusted with marine growth, but he films the severed ends anyway.(9) I'd say she's sorry now(10) I'm sorry you're leaving(11) I may post more later, if I can sort out my thoughts better (my brain is slush at the moment, sorry !)(12) sorry about that!(13) Laughing so hard that tears ran down his face, Ranear of Tusheba was a sorry sight.(14) Sorry if it still doesn't make sense but it does to me, sorry !(15) Bob hangs his head and acts like he's sheepish and sorry , but he's entered into a world, within himself, from which he will not emerge.(16) Add to these charges the negligence and incompetence shown throughout this sorry affair.
(1) say sorry :: diga desculpa
(2) sorry for :: Desculpe por
(3) feel sorry :: sinto pena
(4) feel sorry for :: ter pena de
(5) be sorry :: se arrepender
(6) better safe than sorry :: Melhor prevenir do que remediar
1. sad ::
2. full of pity ::
cheio de piedade
4. pitiful ::
6. bad ::
7. no-account ::
8. dark ::
1. admirable ::
2. creditable ::
3. meritorious ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm SORRY, are you unaware
of the upcoming...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
What are you SORRY for,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
Hi, SORRY I'm late.
I was at the gym.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
Not gonna happen. I'm SORRY.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
Sorry, guys, but Secret Agent
Laser Obstacle Lunch is just stupid.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
English to Portuguese Dictionary: sorry
Meaning and definitions of sorry, translation in Portuguese
language for sorry with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sorry in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'sorry'
What sorry means in Portuguese, sorry meaning
in Portuguese, sorry
definition, examples and pronunciation
of sorry in Portuguese language.