alguns, algumas, algum, alguma, uma, um, uns, umas, mais ou menosalguns, algumas, algum, alguma, certa quantidadeum pouco, bastante, um tanto, até certo grau
Adjective(1) (quantifier(2) relatively much but unspecified in amount or extent(3) relatively many but unspecified in number(4) remarkable
Adverb(1) (of quantities
(1) A large number of protesters were drinking beer and wine, and some were obviously drunk.(2) So why not waste some more money and build another airport to match with the new stadium.(3) I know for the most part the sums are not huge, but they could at least put some effort into knowing what is going on.(4) he played some records for me(5) This presumably included Neapolitans but at least they have some nice love songs and this is one.(6) I still have some(7) she married some newspaper magnate twice her age(8) he left, for some reason or other(9) This will a great free day out watching some of the finest trials riders doing something different.(10) There are some records that are just evil, and this is worse than most of them.(11) that was some goal(12) Whatever you do, wherever you go, as long as you have access to some money you won't go far wrong.(13) All he has to do is wait some thirty years for his actual death to catch up with him.(14) surely some have noticed(15) I work some days but not others(16) it's having some effect
(1) some people :: algumas pessoas
(2) some time :: às vezes
(3) some day :: algum dia
(4) some more :: um pouco mais
(5) some of them :: alguns deles
(6) to some extent :: até certo ponto
(7) some money :: algum dinheiro
(8) get some :: pegar algum
(9) after some time :: Depois de algum tempo
(10) some days :: alguns dias
1. approximately ::
2. or so ::
3. more or less ::
mais ou menos
4. about ::
5. close to ::
6. just about ::
7. around ::
8. roughly ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm fine. I just need SOME fresh air.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 8
Wait, now I'm just
SOME lousy maid of honor? What?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
There are SOME issues that could cause
a misunderstanding between us...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
and yet you punish Loras
for shagging SOME perfumed ponce,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
Auditioning with 50 other blondes
for SOME stupid antidepressant commercial.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
English to Portuguese Dictionary: some
Meaning and definitions of some, translation in Portuguese
language for some with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of some in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'some'
What some means in Portuguese, some meaning
in Portuguese, some
definition, examples and pronunciation
of some in Portuguese language.