inteligente, esperto, elegante, airoso, astuto, moderno, vivo, fino, espertalhão, arguto, ativo, dinâmico, agudo, violento, vigoroso, pungente, expedito, lesto, severo, penetrante, intenso, considerável, bastante grande, à modador aguda, aflição, mágoa, dor viva, tormento
inteligentesmartedavivarsmartenedsmarteningsmartensmais espertomais inteligentesmartiessmartingespertamenteespertezasmartssmarty
Noun(1) a kind of pain such as that caused by a wound or a burn or a sore
Verb(1) be the source of pain
Adjective(1) showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness(2) elegant and stylish(3) characterized by quickness and ease in learning(4) improperly forward or bold(5) painfully severe(6) quick and brisk(7) capable of independent and apparently intelligent action
(1) I'm old-fashioned about ├ö├ç├┐going to the bank├ö├ç├û, clinging to the feeling that it's a posh outing, needing smart clothes.(2) Nice, rich Jewish boy, smart house, no need for the bright, questioning girl to consider a career.(3) We galloped out of Vals at a smart pace and made the 124 Km quite easily in the prescribed 2 1/2 hours.(4) In smart suit, immaculate blue shirt and plainish tie, Kinski attempts to demystify the complexities of the post-privatisation utility businesses.(5) So, slowly but surely, the Metrobus blue-and-yellow is dying out, and that horrible green Arriva thing will be replaced by a smart red.(6) When built at the turn of the last century this was in a smart district of the city, but decay has set in.(7) I guess I have to wear smart clothes, either way.(8) It was July 1959 when David's smart , green Daimler bus was crossing through traffic lights at Heaton Park's Grand Lodge.(9) Near the Serpentine, he became aware of a smart green and yellow phaeton stopped ahead of him.(10) There came to the door, very late one evening a very shy, middle-aged man, very neat, smart suit, shirt and tie - he had just been thrown out of the family home where enough had been enough.(11) On top of that, he was grace with a very smart , intelligent, warm, caring, friendly brain.(12) The family moved to their present home in a smart district on the edge of the town about two-and-a-half years ago.(13) The style of the gate should match the house: a wicket gate would look out of place in a smart city setting, whereas antique wrought iron might lead to expectations that a cottage garden fails to meet.(14) She knew her friend and knew she was good at making men angry with her bitter tone and smart remarks.(15) He's really, really smart - intellectually curious, thoughtful, creative, you name it.(16) They equate winning with intellect, rich with smart .
(1) very smart :: muito esperto
(2) smart card :: cartão inteligente
(3) be smart :: seja esperto
(4) smart casual :: informal mas elegante
(5) smart grid :: smart grid
(6) smart clothes :: roupas inteligentes
(7) smart alec :: Alec inteligente
(8) smart person :: pessoa inteligente
(9) smart woman :: mulher inteligente
1. clever ::
2. well-dressed ::
3. fashionable ::
4. brisk ::
5. sharp ::
6. bright ::
7. fresh ::
8. voguish ::
10. sting ::
11. feel annoyed ::
12. ache ::
1. sloppy ::
2. unkempt ::
smart, smarted, smarten, smartened, smartening, smartens, smarter, smartest, smarties, smarting, smartly, smartness, smarts, smarty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Ooh, ooh! Do "Our babies
will be SMART and beautiful."
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
who's as SMART as me, as tall as me,
and has hair like Thor,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
Come on, we're SMART guys.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
Yeah. He's not SMART enough to
pull off a murder like this.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 15
English to Portuguese Dictionary: smart
Meaning and definitions of smart, translation in Portuguese
language for smart with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of smart in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'smart'
What smart means in Portuguese, smart meaning
in Portuguese, smart
definition, examples and pronunciation
of smart in Portuguese language.