lento, vagaroso, demorado, tardio, moroso, atrasado, brando, maçante, estúpido, bronco, de raciocínio lento, não pontual, que leva muito tempodevagar, lentamente, vagarosamentedemorar, reduzir a velocidade, afrouxar o passo, seguir mais lentamente
lentoretardouMais devagaro mais lentoretardandolentamentelentidãoretarda
Verb(1) lose velocity; move more slowly(2) become slow or slower(3) cause to proceed more slowly
Adjective(1) not moving quickly; taking a comparatively long time(2) at a slow tempo(3) slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity(4) (used of timepieces(5) so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness(6) (of business, or slow
Adverb(1) without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly'(2) of timepieces
(1) My film was too slow , and I didn't get any good pictures.(2) She has shown aptitude on fast and slow ground, is trained by a very able handler who thinks plenty of her and possibly has plenty more to come.(3) The term passing lanes implies that the road is divided into slow and fast moving traffic lanes.(4) Since business is slow , the woman has time to be intrigued by the mystery.(5) It was clear that the majority of drivers felt that this signage was either redundant or in error and few were driving at 50 mph, even in the slow lane.(6) Move in slow with your face towards hers and slightly tilt your head so you don't bump noses.(7) Still, transactions were delayed, data was missing and system performance was slow .(8) Rice, meat, and vegetables are placed in huge containers covered with hot charcoals and heated by slow fire underneath.(9) Most of our boxes are unpacked now but there's chaos everywhere and it's a slow process of getting everything sorted out.(10) And soon breakfast and the beautiful fact that Thomas is slow , quiet and dull in the mornings.(11) They drive a taxi to support their extended family, but business is slow , they said, with the Palestinian economy in tatters.(12) Scientists hope patients will adapt, though the learning process might be slow , like a child beginning to recognise shapes and colours.(13) Lau, who has over 20 years of experience as a chef, said each soup is simmered on a slow fire for more than 10 hours.(14) Roast one sweet potato with the skin in a slow oven until the potato is soft.(15) Yet the slow process of reconstruction, following the ravages of a diamond-fuelled civil war, continues.(16) To sum up, to show action and movement, select a slow shutter speed and stand side on to the action.
(1) slow motion :: câmera lenta
(2) too slow :: muito devagar
(3) very slow :: muito devagar
(4) go slow :: vai devagar
(5) slow up :: retardar
(6) slow-witted :: de espírito obtuso
(7) slow speed :: velocidade lenta
(8) slow but sure :: lento, mas seguro
1. unhurried ::
2. long-drawn-out ::
3. obtuse ::
4. reluctant ::
5. sluggish ::
6. dull ::
7. boring ::
8. easy ::
9. behind ::
10. reduce speed ::
reduza a velocidade
11. take it easy ::
13. decelerate ::
14. slow up ::
1. breakneck ::
2. brisk ::
3. dizzy ::
4. fast ::
5. flying ::
6. hasty ::
7. lightning ::
8. meteoric ::
9. quick ::
10. rapid ::
11. running ::
12. swift ::
slow, slowed, slower, slowest, slowing, slowly, slowness, slows
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
you wanted to
take things SLOW.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
- It's true, but it also keeps a man alive.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
taking things SLOW?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
So you told her you wanted
to SLOW things down?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
Slow down. The car
is not going anywhere.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
English to Portuguese Dictionary: slow
Meaning and definitions of slow, translation in Portuguese
language for slow with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of slow in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'slow'
What slow means in Portuguese, slow meaning
in Portuguese, slow
definition, examples and pronunciation
of slow in Portuguese language.