sentença, pena, oração, decisão judicial, vereditosentenciar, condenar, punir
Noun(1) a string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language(2) (criminal law(3) the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
Verb(1) pronounce a sentence on (somebody
(1) To say that a given sentence is logically possible is to say that there is a model that satisfies it.(2) Some Australian states impose a mandatory minimum sentence for wilful murder.(3) Second, the judge must have already decided to sentence the offender to a prison term of less than two years duration.(4) Some US states, such as Hawaii, have far more lenient laws than Texas in such cases and would allow treatment rather than a prison sentence or death penalty.(5) He was ordered to complete a remaining eight month sentence for that offence before starting the latest jail term.(6) her husband is serving a three-year sentence for fraud(7) And in cases of that sort, everyone has always agreed that such words can end a sentence .(8) But the Supreme Court sympathetically commuted the death sentence to life imprisonment.(9) severe sentence(10) this bill will only sentence people to look for charity(11) he received a three-month sentence(12) The key word in the last sentence is in quotation marks because, as Tolstoy made clear in War and Peace, there are as many truths about a given battle, after it, as there were participants in it.(13) Then he has the nerve to put a exclamation mark after the sentence !(14) This distinction allows us to define a logical truth as a sentence that is true no matter what referring expressions occur in it.(15) You have to sentence on the basis of the indictment.(16) deterrent sentence
(1) death sentence :: sentença de morte
(2) topic sentence :: sentença de tópico
(3) life sentence :: sentença de vida
(4) sentence structure :: estrutura de sentença
(5) affirmative sentence :: frase afirmativa
(6) prison sentence :: sentença de prisão
(7) conditional sentence :: sentença condicional
(8) complex sentence :: frase complexa
(9) simple sentence :: sentença simples
(10) sentence stress :: estresse sentença
1. judgment ::
2. prison term ::
Termo de prisão
3. time ::
4. conviction ::
5. pass judgment on ::
6. doom ::
sentence, sentenced, sentences, sentencing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"as I struggle to
finish this SENTENCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
You passed the SENTENCE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
Every life comes
with a death SENTENCE.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
and SENTENCE him to death.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
I don't know a nice way
to finish this SENTENCE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 10
English to Portuguese Dictionary: sentence
Meaning and definitions of sentence, translation in Portuguese
language for sentence with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sentence in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'sentence'
What sentence means in Portuguese, sentence meaning
in Portuguese, sentence
definition, examples and pronunciation
of sentence in Portuguese language.