salvar, economizar, guardar, poupar, preservar, livrar, proteger, resguardar, fazer economias, amealhar, aforrarsalvo, exceto, a não ser quedefesa, economia
Verb(1) save from ruin, destruction, or harm(2) to keep up and reserve for personal or special use(3) bring into safety(4) spend less; buy at a reduced price(5) accumulate money for future use(6) make unnecessary an expenditure or effort(7) save from sins(8) refrain from harming(9) spend sparingly, avoid the waste of(10) retain rights to(11) record data on a computer
(1) you can save up for retirement in a number of ways(2) save your strength till later(3) It'd be cool to be able to save up for something nice, like a nice ride - something I could be proud of.(4) save $20 on a new camcorder(5) the statement was made to save the government some embarrassment(6) I get my food delivered from supermarkets to save time.(7) The war story arc takes a slight breather as they work to save the dying man.(8) A spokesperson said that the policy would have little adverse financial effect, as it would save money otherwise spent on recruiting new staff.(9) It will not save my daughters life but it will save her soul.(10) You'll save money and avoid those spontaneous purchases at the mall.(11) My daughter has started her first part-time job, working in a grocery store, so she can save enough money to buy a car.(12) to save sb from death(13) they were all there save Paul(14) Many women believe that it is their duty to accept, tolerate and excuse conditions and experiences that place them in danger so they can save a relationship.(15) To save a dying person is his life's work, his obsession.(16) to save up your pocket money
(1) to save :: salvar
(2) save money :: Economizar
(3) save as :: salvar como
(4) save up :: guardar
(5) save time :: economizar tempo
(6) save the day :: salva o dia
(7) to save time :: para economizar tempo
(8) save face :: salvar a face
(9) save life :: Salva vida
(10) save for :: para salvar
1. except ::
2. rescue ::
3. preserve ::
4. put aside ::
5. prevent ::
6. keep open ::
8. write ::
9. carry through ::
10. relieve ::
11. redeem ::
12. save up ::
13. spare ::
1. adventure ::
2. compromise ::
3. endanger ::
pôr em perigo
4. hazard ::
5. imperil ::
pôr em perigo
6. jeopardize ::
7. peril ::
8. risk ::
9. venture ::
save, saved, saves
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They should be closer
if you mean for them to SAVE you.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 2
Superman swoops down to SAVE her
by reaching out two arms of steel.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
Save my father.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
I have a role to play now.
I'm gonna SAVE the world.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
Help me SAVE this city.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
English to Portuguese Dictionary: save
Meaning and definitions of save, translation in Portuguese
language for save with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of save in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'save'
What save means in Portuguese, save meaning
in Portuguese, save
definition, examples and pronunciation
of save in Portuguese language.