responsabilidade, obrigação, cargo, encargo, incumbência, culpabilidade
Noun(1) the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force(2) the proper sphere or extent of your activities(3) a form of trustworthiness; the trait of being answerable to someone for something or being responsible for one's conduct
(1) Cultures like the Japanese or some continental European ones are less aghast at the idea of collective decision making and responsibility .(2) Not making a decision absolves procrastinators of responsibility for the outcome of events.(3) They have the responsibility to behave reasonably in the face of possible threats.(4) If you believe in social justice, in solidarity, in equality of opportunity and responsibility , then believe in the reforms to get us there.(5) individuals have a responsibility to control their behaviour(6) They shirked responsibility , put the blame on others, finding refuge in generalities and then in an unthinking bustle of activity.(7) we would expect individuals lower down the organization to take on more responsibility(8) We have a responsibility to respect the consciences of the individuals and groups among us and among the church community.(9) ├ö├ç├┐The minister's prime responsibility and biggest duty is to ensure public safety,├ö├ç├û she said.(10) it's the manager's responsibility to ensure everyone's working hard(11) the army denied responsibility for the attack(12) the group has claimed responsibility for a string of murders(13) They already have responsibility for key decisions about transport, waste, energy, housing and other development.(14) The blame and responsibility rests squarely upon human shoulders.(15) I had not realised how much he blamed himself, how willing he was to accept full responsibility for what had happened to me.(16) The pilot in command bears ultimate responsibility for his own safety.
(1) social responsibility :: responsabilidade social
(2) take responsibility :: tomar responsabilidade
(3) sense of responsibility :: senso de responsabilidade
(4) assume responsibility :: assumir responsabilidade
(5) take responsibility for :: assuma a responsabilidade por
(6) personal responsibility :: responsabilidade pessoal
1. duty ::
2. blame ::
4. authority ::
5. obligation ::
6. province ::
irresponsibility, responsibilities, responsibility
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We must remember our first RESPONSIBILITY.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
With your father gone,
it is your RESPONSIBILITY...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
I must take RESPONSIBILITY. I had to stop
for feminine hygiene supplies.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
...as such, he bears RESPONSIBILITY for all
your infractions and must pay all fines.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
- Why is it always my RESPONSIBILITY?
- Oh, it's not always your RESPONSIBILITY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
English to Portuguese Dictionary: responsibility
Meaning and definitions of responsibility, translation in Portuguese
language for responsibility with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of responsibility in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'responsibility'
What responsibility means in Portuguese, responsibility meaning
in Portuguese, responsibility
definition, examples and pronunciation
of responsibility in Portuguese language.