respeito, deferência, cumprimento, estima, consideração, circunstância, atenção, honra, cumprimentos, delicadezarespeitar, considerar, honrar, reverenciar, venerar, não interferir em, não perturbar
Noun(1) (usually preceded by `in'(2) the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded(3) an attitude of admiration or esteem(4) a courteous expression (by word or deed(5) behavior intended to please your parents(6) a feeling of friendship and esteem(7) courteous regard for people's feelings
Verb(1) regard highly; think much of(2) show respect towards
(1) the director had a lot of respect for Douglas as an actor(2) According to Confucianism, one of the most important values is respect for elders.(3) What can parliamentarians do to regain respect with community as custodians of the public good?(4) The nature of the conversation and the respect for elders reflects Chinese customs, particularly that of the young coming to the wise for advice.(5) The town has great affection for him and great respect for his golfing abilities.(6) the government's record in this respect is a mixed one(7) it is incumbent upon all hill users to respect the environment(8) he urged all foreign nationals to respect the laws of their country of residence(9) Although this might be unpopular in the short term, at least they will regain some respect once the current mob mentality dies down.(10) Lebanese children grow up with deep respect for their parents.(11) they showed great respect for the law(12) she has respect for him(13) First of all, I'd like to tell him I admire and respect him as one of the very unique talents in television.(14) And the law should respect such a stipulation in commercial negotiations.(15) She, meanwhile, develops deep respect for the old man.(16) The trustees can be expected to respect these wishes once there is no family or appropriate person to whom the money should be paid.
(1) with respect to :: em relação a
(2) with respect :: no que diz respeito
(3) in respect of :: no que diz respeito
(4) in this respect :: a este respeito
(5) to respect :: respeitar
(6) self-respect :: respeito próprio
(7) in respect to :: no que diz respeito ao
(8) mutual respect :: respeito mútuo
(9) with all due respect :: com todo o respeito
(10) show respect :: mostrar respeito
1. esteem ::
2. due regard ::
devidamente em conta
4. aspect ::
5. regard ::
que diz respeito
6. deference ::
8. obedience ::
9. esteem ::
10. show consideration for ::
mostrar consideração pelos
11. abide by ::
12. prize ::
13. observe ::
respect, respected, respecter, respecters, respecting, respects
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
All due RESPECT, I don't see it.
So I vote no.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
I can't do that. What kind of wife would I be
if I didn't RESPECT my husband's privacy?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
While I have no RESPECT for Leslie as a
scientist or a human being for that matter...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
- It's good.
- What you're tasting is RESPECT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
and your people RESPECT your law making,
your justice and your rule.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
English to Portuguese Dictionary: respect
Meaning and definitions of respect, translation in Portuguese
language for respect with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of respect in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'respect'
What respect means in Portuguese, respect meaning
in Portuguese, respect
definition, examples and pronunciation
of respect in Portuguese language.