Noun(1) the cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message(2) a particular interpretation or performance(3) a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument(4) written material intended to be read(5) a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something(6) a city on the River Thames in Berkshire in southern England(7) a public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory(8) the act of measuring with meters or similar instruments
Verb(1) interpret something that is written or printed(2) have or contain a certain wording or form(3) look at, interpret, and say out loud something that is written or printed(4) obtain data from magnetic tapes or other digital sources(5) interpret the significance of, as of palms, tea leaves, intestines, the sky; also of human behavior(6) interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression(7) be a student of a certain subject(8) indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments(9) audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role(10) to hear and understand(11) make sense of a language
(1) Also on that page is some fascinating reading about how earthquakes prove that the Earth is hollow.(2) The Green Party supports this bill and will do so through to the final reading .(3) Maybe their map reading or compass reading is not very good.(4) Perhaps readers will disagree with the Professor's comparative reading .(5) A child with a learning disability may have goals in the areas of improving reading and math skills.(6) the reading of a will(7) However, I also think that a careful reading of the document shows the bishops were not saying this.(8) The acquisition of reading and writing skills was a socially selective process.(9) Also, a naive reading would imagine that this knowledge on the fringe is the easiest to change.(10) It's not like they're books someone would normally want to read for light reading !(11) One in ten pupils are leaving school in the Blackburn and Darwen area without basic reading and writing skills.(12) These are the fruit of her intense and wide reading in primary literature.(13) An outsider's account of the machinations involved makes fascinating reading .(14) Much of what Orme tells us is familiar, though he brings the fruits of very wide reading to enrich the discourse.(15) The singer showed off the book's colourful illustrations to the youngsters, but ended her reading after five minutes.(16) His reading and writing skills have also dramatically changed.
(1) read :: ler
(2) reading and writing :: leitura e escrita
(3) reading comprehension :: compreensão de leitura
(4) reading book :: lendo um livro
(5) reading room :: sala de leitura
(6) reading glasses :: óculos de leitura
(7) reading lamp :: lâmpada de leitura
(8) worth reading :: Vale a pena ler
(9) intensive reading :: leitura intensiva
(10) reading light :: luz de leitura
2. book learning ::
3. passage ::
4. interpretation ::
5. record ::
6. recitation ::
7. meter reading ::
leitura do medidor
8. version ::
9. reading material ::
material de leitura
10. peruse ::
12. decipher ::
13. interpret ::
14. indicate ::
15. translate ::
16. scan ::
17. record ::
18. take ::
19. say ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I've been READING up on biomechanics.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
even after READING
all the pamphlets
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
Reading their code.
Changing their directives.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 8
I hear you're READING a boring book.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
Hang on, no. My client does not waive
READING of the charges.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
English to Portuguese Dictionary: reading
Meaning and definitions of reading, translation in Portuguese
language for reading with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of reading in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'reading'
What reading means in Portuguese, reading meaning
in Portuguese, reading
definition, examples and pronunciation
of reading in Portuguese language.