raio, radiação, arraia, vislumbre, clarão, reflexo, fulgor, estria, raio de circunferênciairradiar, raiar, radiar, emitir raios, cintilar, refulgir, listar
Noun(1) a column of light (as from a beacon(2) a branch of an umbel or an umbelliform inflorescence(3) (mathematics(4) a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation(5) the syllable naming the second (supertonic(6) any of the stiff bony spines in the fin of a fish(7) cartilaginous fishes having horizontally flattened bodies and enlarged winglike pectoral fins with gills on the underside; most swim by moving the pectoral fins
Verb(1) emit as rays(2) extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center(3) expose to radiation
(1) if only I could see some ray of hope(2) Events in Europe offered Japan a delusory ray of hope.(3) She stopped when she saw the first ray of sunshine on the ground of the cave.(4) "I hope the success of our expedition will lend a ray of hope to our people who are discouraged in their daily lives."(5) They had caught a manta ray and said it was good eating.(6) Through the breaks in the trees, Jocelyn could see the moon's ray shining down to the forest floor.(7) The battleships ray out over the North Sea, keeping their stations accurately apart.(8) All coding elements redirect light so that no ray, besides the on-axis ray , travels toward the traditional geometric focus point.(9) Mirrors, spherical or otherwise, operate on the principle that the angle of reflection of a ray of light equals the angle at which it strikes the mirror's surface.(10) In the vascular tissue of woody species, parenchyma cells include those in phloem, and the ray cells and axial parenchyma cells in xylem.(11) One ray of hope is that the circumstances of the attack would give the Socialist Party a possible excuse for flip-flopping were they so inclined.(12) In this ruling Kelly found a definite ray of hope.(13) There was a slight ray of moonlight visible far above his head.(14) The commissioners comment, ├ö├ç├┐This witness was a fresh and welcome ray of hope for the Tribunal.├ö├ç├û(15) A ray of hope appears in the form of Mary Burke, the daughter of a heart attack victim who strikes a chord with the troubled Pierce.(16) take a specific point and back-trace every ray of light that hits that point
(1) gamma ray :: raio gama
(2) sting ray :: raias ray
(3) cathode ray tube :: tubo de raios catódicos
(4) ray of hope :: raio de esperança
(5) ray of light :: raio de luz
(6) cathode ray :: raio catódico
(7) death ray :: raio da morte
(8) light ray :: raio de luz
1. beam ::
2. glimmer ::
3. shaft ::
4. re ::
5. electron beam ::
feixe de electrões
6. radiate ::
7. irradiate ::
rad, rads, ray, rays
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...teenagers running around
with RAY guns, right?
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
Ray Liotta's signing
autographs until 2:00.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
Wouldn't have been any ass-kickings
if that stupid death RAY had worked.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
♪ A cathode RAY tube
without an electron gun ♪
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
English to Portuguese Dictionary: ray
Meaning and definitions of ray, translation in Portuguese
language for ray with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ray in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ray'
What ray means in Portuguese, ray meaning
in Portuguese, ray
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ray in Portuguese language.