potencial, possível, virtual, latentepotencial, possibilidade, potência
Noun(1) the inherent capacity for coming into being(2) the difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts
Adjective(1) existing in possibility(2) expected to become or be; in prospect
(1) It is a tragedy in this case because the life lost was one with such future potential .(2) The history of the 1869 work is thought to have boosted its value among potential bidders.(3) Why is the government so timid about embryo research given the potential rewards?(4) We have vast untapped potential in hydro power and in natural gas from the Arctic.(5) Visitors to the city's boat show would also be among the potential guests targeted.(6) More to the point still, is this potential to anger particularly strong in the media?(7) Rural pubs have great potential to assume a business and community role.(8) A prospectus for potential sponsors raises the prospect of boarding academies.(9) It is for the society at large to harness the latent potential in the children and benefit out of that.(10) This fusion of unfamiliar conditions would normally make the hosts among the potential winners.(11) There is so much potential for this to be one of Bradford's most attractive shopping thoroughfares.(12) A woman who has fallen on hard times finds a potential saviour among the gravestones.(13) While I am in favor of this technology, it possesses a hell of a lot of potential for abuse.(14) For potential investors, the prospect of enjoying cheap beer is far more appealing.(15) You could say that we can compare our capabilities and potential to that of an iceberg!(16) Many supermarkets now provide free buses to carry potential customers into their premises.
(1) potential energy :: energia potencial
(2) market potential :: potencial de mercado
(3) potential difference :: diferença potencial
(4) electric potential :: potencial elétrico
(5) potential customer :: cliente potencial
(6) high potential :: alto potencial
(7) potential threat :: ameaça em potencial
(8) potential market :: mercado potencial
(9) growth potential :: potencial de crescimento
(10) membrane potential :: potencial de membrana
1. possible ::
2. likely ::
4. potential difference ::
5. potency ::
1. actual ::
2. factual ::
3. real ::
potential, potentialities, potentiality, potentially, potentials
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Just like Schrödinger's cat,
your POTENTIAL relationship with Leonard...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
Ordinary, yet I sense it is
dripping with magical POTENTIAL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
Okay, what are the POTENTIAL side effects
for our erectile dysfunction drug?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
Secondly, the organic structure of tapioca
makes it a jiggling bowl of POTENTIAL death.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
In crunching the numbers, I come up with a
conservative 5812 POTENTIAL sex partners...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
English to Portuguese Dictionary: potential
Meaning and definitions of potential, translation in Portuguese
language for potential with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of potential in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'potential'
What potential means in Portuguese, potential meaning
in Portuguese, potential
definition, examples and pronunciation
of potential in Portuguese language.