postar, colocar, informar, induzir, colocar no correio, dispor, esclarecer, ordenar, persuadir, iluminar, determinar, regular, instruirposto, cargo, poste, correio, coluna, pilar, emprego, função, suporte, colocação, baliza, guarnição, estafetapor expresso
Noun(1) the position where someone (as a guard or sentry(2) military installation at which a body of troops is stationed(3) a job in an organization(4) an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position(5) United States aviator who in 1933 made the first solo flight around the world (1899-1935(6) United States female author who wrote a book and a syndicated newspaper column on etiquette (1872-1960(7) United States manufacturer of breakfast cereals and Postum (1854-1914(8) any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered(9) a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track(10) the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office(11) the delivery and collection of letters and packages
Verb(1) affix in a public place or for public notice(2) publicize with, or as if with, a poster(3) assign to a post; put into a post(4) assign to a station(5) display, as of records in sports games(6) enter on a public list(7) transfer (entries(8) ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait(9) mark with a stake(10) place so as to be noticed(11) cause to be directed or transmitted to another place(12) mark or expose as infamous
(1) Lake Austin has never been worse than second in five trips to the post and is exiting a Churchill Downs allowance score.(2) take the parcel to the post(3) His low cross was met by Martin at the near post , and he touched it over the crossbar.(4) Customers could set their watches by the times their post was delivered and the service they received was second to none.(5) Peter O'Sullevan commentated and I still remember that moment as Merryman passed the post .(6) Before computers, I used to post one letter a week, which would take me maybe half an hour to write, and it would arrive in a couple of days.(7) Smart pens have become the latest way to post messages to online diaries, or weblogs, while on the move.(8) he took up his post as librarian(9) post off your order form today(10) The Royal Mail has told him they would continue to deliver his post when they were able to do so.(11) I walked out of the house to post a letter - the postbox is less than 100 yards away - and left the door open.(12) Meanwhile, here's an onion I drew to liven up today's post .(13) In time, I may decide to send an e-mail their way or post a few messages on their discussion boards.(14) a teaching post(15) A York resident today slammed the Royal Mail for delivering her post seven hours later than it used to.(16) Rudy grabbed him on the shoulder and propelled him towards the nearest fence post .
(1) post- :: postar-
(2) post office :: agência dos Correios
(3) post-mortem :: post-mortem
(4) by post :: por correio
(5) post up :: postar
(6) ex post :: Publicação antiga
(7) trading post :: feitoria
(8) parcel post :: encomenda postal
(9) post meridiem :: após o meio dia
1. pole ::
2. mail ::
3. job ::
5. station ::
6. stake ::
7. spot ::
8. military post ::
9. affix ::
10. announce ::
11. mail ::
12. record ::
13. send to ::
14. put on duty ::
colocou em serviço
16. place ::
17. carry ::
18. brand ::
19. stake ::
impost, imposts, post, posted, posting, postings, posts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...the pharmacy and the POST office?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
Command POST, do you read me?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
Oh, I hope that scratching POST
is for you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
Don't POST that, be supportive.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
I was chained to a wooden POST
covered in my own shit for months.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
English to Portuguese Dictionary: post
Meaning and definitions of post, translation in Portuguese
language for post with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of post in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'post'
What post means in Portuguese, post meaning
in Portuguese, post
definition, examples and pronunciation
of post in Portuguese language.