Noun(1) any substance that causes injury or illness or death of a living organism(2) anything that harms or destroys
Verb(1) spoil as if by poison(2) kill with poison(3) add poison to(4) kill by its poison(5) administer poison to
(1) the late 1930s, when Nazism was spreading its poison(2) The green color comes from copper sulphate, a common agricultural poison .(3) Homeowners should install a good carbon monoxide detector to make sure none of this deadly poison is present in their homes.(4) The hearings helped purge the poison from the American body politic.(5) Keynes' dream to overthrow the classical order of Adam Smith was greatly influenced by Marx's poison .(6) Our silence for long years has encouraged Holocaust deniers, revisionists, baiters and haters to spread their poison .(7) A North Yorkshire training company has been chosen to act as a safeguard against terrorists trying to poison the food chain.(8) But if someone made the effort to poison the arrow, it probably isn't a very good sign.(9) he tried to poison his wife(10) In this story, Florida itself has been ├ö├ç├┐closed,├ö├ç├û the poison of the space program having corrupted the entire state.(11) I've gotta ban that woman from the Net before her poison spreads to everyone!(12) When he first became Director of the Court New Zealand plays were ├ö├ç├┐box office poison ├ö├ç├û.(13) The real ones are far worse but I dare not mention them lest their owners or fans of the owners come around one night and burn my house down or poison my dog.(14) He does not have the means to spread his poison beyond the confines of this small country.(15) meanwhile he is spreading his poison over the Internet(16) Stupid laws contaminate those charged with enforcing them at the first level and then become exponentially more costly as their poison spreads through other layers of the economy.
(1) poison ivy :: Hera Venenosa
(2) to poison :: envenenar
(3) poison oak :: carvalho de veneno
(4) poison pill :: pílula de veneno
(5) deadly poison :: Veneno mortal
(6) poison dart frog :: dendrobatidae
(7) poison arrow :: flecha envenenada
1. toxin ::
2. malice ::
3. poisonous substance ::
4. give poison to ::
dar veneno para
5. contaminate ::
6. pollute ::
7. prejudice ::
8. envenom ::
poison, poisoned, poisoner, poisoners, poisoning, poisonings, poisonous, poisons
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He stole POISON from
the Grand Maester's chamber
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
A girl will POISON the rum.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
snakes, possums, POISON oak--
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 20
...in which case she
sucks out the POISON...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
We tried to POISON you.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
English to Portuguese Dictionary: poison
Meaning and definitions of poison, translation in Portuguese
language for poison with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of poison in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'poison'
What poison means in Portuguese, poison meaning
in Portuguese, poison
definition, examples and pronunciation
of poison in Portuguese language.