paz, harmonia, tranqüilidade, sossego, reconciliação, bonança, ordem pública
Noun(1) the state prevailing during the absence of war(2) harmonious relations; freedom from disputes(3) the absence of mental stress or anxiety(4) the general security of public places(5) a treaty to cease hostilities
(1) Other countries, including members of the European Union, may also be welcomed to play a role in monitoring any peace agreement.(2) The peace effectively reinstated the Treaty of Madrid but on more favourable terms for the French.(3) Good relations with Elizabeth were vital to maintaining the civil peace in France.(4) Even so I seemed at every point of contact to be surrounded by abrasive people intent on disturbing my peace , my comfort, and my equable nature.(5) The selection committee nudges warring parties towards a peace that is achievable, but not quite achieved.(6) the Straits were to be open to warships in time of peace(7) the peace didn't last(8) the 8.8 percent offer that promises peace with the board(9) It also tells us that there was a long period of peace as the men were not needed to fight in any wars.(10) Now they have to prove that they have not only the will but the authority to end the violence and negotiate a compromise peace .(11) We must conduct our affairs in such a way that it becomes in the Communists' interest to agree on a genuine peace .(12) you can while away an hour or two in peace and seclusion(13) It had gained respect and authority by ushering in a period of peace and stability in the city.(14) An uneasy peace was negotiated during the dying embers of Bonetti's reign.(15) A way of life beckons that promises peace in a beautiful place, where the weather is kind, wine plentiful, and food exquisite.(16) From the layman's point of view, a spiritual life gives you calmness and peace of mind.
(1) rest in peace :: descanse em paz
(2) peace of mind :: paz de espírito
(3) world peace :: paz mundial
(4) in peace :: em paz
(5) peace treaty :: tratado de paz
(6) inner peace :: paz interior
(7) at peace :: em paz
(8) peace sign :: sinal de paz
(9) peace and quiet :: paz e tranquilidade
(10) live in peace :: Viva em paz
1. tranquility ::
2. serenity ::
3. law and order ::
lei e ordem
4. treaty ::
5. public security ::
6. peace treaty ::
tratado de paz
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Just keeping the King's PEACE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
so plump little lords like you can enjoy their
summer afternoons in PEACE and comfort.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
And for your own PEACE of mind,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
and buried with dignity so that he
might find PEACE in the next world.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
Return to your ships
and await your payment in PEACE.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
English to Portuguese Dictionary: peace
Meaning and definitions of peace, translation in Portuguese
language for peace with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of peace in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'peace'
What peace means in Portuguese, peace meaning
in Portuguese, peace
definition, examples and pronunciation
of peace in Portuguese language.