partido, festa, partido político, facção, partidarismo, sarau, pequeno destacamentopartidário
Noun(1) an organization to gain political power(2) a group of people gathered together for pleasure(3) a band of people associated temporarily in some activity(4) an occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment(5) a person involved in legal proceedings
Verb(1) have or participate in a party
(1) A week ago on Saturday, my brother broke his toe while drunk at a party at my house.(2) the visiting party will be asked to conform to safety procedures whilst on site(3) party of tourists(4) He remained respected in the party , in whose activities he took a close interest.(5) will you help the party on line 2?(6) Moving forward to the game's present day, you'll get to meet the three characters who form your party .(7) the fishing party(8) There were 35 people on the tour and trouble flared when some of the party got drunk and started smashing doors and a bed.(9) He promised to prepare the ground within his party , but his departure has exposed the fact that he did nothing to deliver on that promise.(10) an old party has been coming in to clean(11) If the ruling party doesn't perform well, the opposition can offer a viable alternative.(12) The new structure should operate under the jurisdiction of the Finance Ministry, the party said.(13) birthday party(14) he was the life and soul of the party(15) It is a party of working people against the Republican Party of corporations and wealth.(16) In the past, the youths usually ended the parade with a party , where they drank traditional liquor.
(1) third party :: terceiro
(2) birthday party :: festa de aniversário
(3) have a party :: ter uma festa
(4) political party :: partido politico
(5) throw a party :: dar uma festa
(6) at the party :: na festa
(7) pool party :: festa na piscina
(8) farewell party :: festa de despedida
(9) dinner party :: jantar
(10) bachelor party :: despedida de solteiro
2. group ::
3. faction ::
4. person ::
5. company ::
6. political party ::
7. celebrate ::
parties, party, partying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
like much of a PARTY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
Stock up on liquor
while you're at it.
Keep this PARTY going.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
We are having a PARTY
for Halley's birthday after all.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
Oh, oh, maybe we could get one of those
PARTY buses to take us there.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
I invited you to my
murder mystery PARTY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
English to Portuguese Dictionary: party
Meaning and definitions of party, translation in Portuguese
language for party with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of party in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'party'
What party means in Portuguese, party meaning
in Portuguese, party
definition, examples and pronunciation
of party in Portuguese language.