dor, sofrimento, pena, mágoa, aflição, pesar, esforço, trabalho, castigo, punição, dores de parto, abacaxídoer, magoar, afligir, fazer sofrer, atormentar, fazer doer
Noun(1) a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder(2) emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid(3) a somatic sensation of acute discomfort(4) a bothersome annoying person(5) something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
Verb(1) cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed(2) cause emotional anguish or make miserable
(1) mental pain(2) Some of the people in the elders' ward are obviously in physical pain .(3) She was in constant pain and her physical movements were restricted.(4) Since being refused compensation Rosie has appealed and applied for a payment based on the family's pain and suffering.(5) are you in pain?(6) The family is in pain or in distress, and the therapist is called upon to help them and to find a way out of their dilemma.(7) We are not saying that feelings of sadness and pain over the loss of life is inappropriate.(8) But he has been left in agonising pain with serious injuries to his back, head and legs.(9) For example, I was in a great deal of confusion, distress and pain over the weekend.(10) This vandalism has caused much distress and pain to the families of those whose graves were destroyed.(11) I was so used to emotional pain right now that I hadn't known physical pain could be just as bad.(12) She added as an ex-nurse she believed it was hard to find the cause of pain or injury without an examination.(13) sometimes my right hand would pain(14) The accident dissolved my life into illness, weakness, pain and exhaustion, cold and hunger.(15) But forcing everyone to take part in research would bring substantial pain and distress for some people.(16) the pain of loss
(1) no pain no gain :: sem dor sem ganho
(2) no pain :: nenhuma dor
(3) back pain :: dor nas costas
(4) chest pain :: dor no peito
(5) in pain :: na dor
(6) pain of love :: dor de amor
(7) pain in the ass :: dor na bunda
(8) abdominal pain :: dor abdominal
(9) pain in the neck :: dor no pescoço
(10) sharp pain :: dor aguda
1. suffering ::
2. ache ::
3. sorrow ::
4. care ::
6. nuisance ::
7. painful sensation ::
9. annoyance ::
10. hurt ::
11. sadden ::
12. ail ::
1. negligence ::
pain, pained, painful, paining, painless
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Your Grace, too much PAIN
will spoil the pleasure.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
What do Christians
do about such PAIN?
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
when PAIN didn't exist.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
Makes all your PAIN go away.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
your emotional PAIN
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
English to Portuguese Dictionary: pain
Meaning and definitions of pain, translation in Portuguese
language for pain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pain in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'pain'
What pain means in Portuguese, pain meaning
in Portuguese, pain
definition, examples and pronunciation
of pain in Portuguese language.