outros, outro, diferente, alternadooutros, outro, o outrodiferentemente, senão, de outro modo
Adjective(1) not the same one or ones already mentioned or implied(2) recently past(3) belonging to the distant past(4) very unusual; different in character or quality from the normal or expected
(1) They know that they will only be able to make up this gap if some other market takes off in a spectacular fashion.(2) In times of unrest, crossing from one side to the other means putting your life at risk.(3) While it opens doors, it can cloud your perception of what's on the other side.(4) were there many other of his pupils there?(5) The journey is called off, replanned for some other time.(6) Is that what has happened out here, or is there some other reason why we are different?(7) Some other way has to be found, and the only viable option would seem to be carbon sequestration.(8) The idea had been put forward that she was making it all up, that she had a fantasy or some other motive.(9) You'll almost always find that one or the other of those works and the other one doesn't.(10) the other two were tired(11) Childhood walks would invariably end up along the sea wall, with fields on one side and on the other the river.(12) If my guess is correct then your problem could be related to ageing or some other cause.(13) they killed four of the men and wounded the other(14) It recognises that one or other or both of the parties may be affected by the event in question.(15) Thus it is in opposition to the other that psychoanalysis has conceptualised the self to emerge.(16) One other lingering question from last night's documentary is how did he become so thin?
(1) each other :: entre si
(2) on the other hand :: por outro lado
(3) other than :: outro que não seja
(4) in other words :: em outras palavras
(5) other side :: outro lado
(6) the other :: o outro
(7) every other day :: qualquer outro dia
(8) the other day :: o outro dia
(9) with each other :: um com o outro
(10) other people :: outras pessoas
1. alternative ::
2. more ::
3. former ::
1. alike ::
2. identical ::
3. indistinguishable ::
4. kin ::
5. kindred ::
6. like ::
7. parallel ::
8. same ::
9. similar ::
other, otherness, others
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They have OTHER things.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
No, they lost so bad,
the OTHER team
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
if you could free her up
from her OTHER projects.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
That's it. There is no OTHER option.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
He did a lot of OTHER things as well,
things he didn't have to do.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
English to Portuguese Dictionary: other
Meaning and definitions of other, translation in Portuguese
language for other with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of other in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'other'
What other means in Portuguese, other meaning
in Portuguese, other
definition, examples and pronunciation
of other in Portuguese language.