nemnenhum, nenhuma, nem um nem outronenhum, nem um nem outro, nem uma coisa nem outratambém não, tampouco, nem sequer
Adjective(1) not either; not one or the other
(1) I am neither a liberal nor a conservative(2) A battle between father and son is about to erupt, though neither of them realise it yet.(3) Upon realising my error, it all felt a bit awkward, but neither of us could bring ourselves to mention my faux pas.(4) The marriage was finally approved, but the bride was married with neither of her parents at her side.(5) I've run second a few times but neither of us had won the entire series of games previous to this!(6) Great effort from the edge of the box - neither of these two sides is prepared to settle for a draw.(7) A quick flick of the head confirms neither of the other two are objecting.(8) Except he would take cream with his coffee and neither of us would smoke.(9) he didn't remember, and neither did I(10) For a while you could get it on the Wayback Machine but it's gone even from there and neither of us thought to make new copies.(11) neither of us believes it(12) In theory, we were going to walk up the thousand steps, but neither of us could be bothered.(13) neither side of the brain is dominant over the other(14) So neither of them moved, and the algae that grows on the sloth's fur got to the finish line first.(15) Despite the big numbers, neither of the town's MPs claimed as much in expenses as they could have.(16) We arrived fashionably late and neither of us had any supper so we thought we'd grab a bite there.
(1) me neither :: nem eu
(2) neither nor :: Nem mesmo
(3) neither of them :: nenhum deles
(4) neither of us :: nenhum de nós
(5) neither one :: nenhum dos dois
(6) neither here nor there :: Nem aqui nem lá
(7) neither this nor that :: nem isto nem aquilo
(8) neither more nor less :: nem mais nem menos
1. neither ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Neither of us are neuroscientists, but we
both understand the biochemistry of sex.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
It faces the television at an angle that is
NEITHER direct, discouraging conversation...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
Neither do I.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
...that NEITHER of you
would attempt to woo her.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 6
So NEITHER of them
showed up for work today?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 9
English to Portuguese Dictionary: neither
Meaning and definitions of neither, translation in Portuguese
language for neither with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of neither in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'neither'
What neither means in Portuguese, neither meaning
in Portuguese, neither
definition, examples and pronunciation
of neither in Portuguese language.