reunião, encontro, sessão, assembléia, comício, confluência
Noun(1) a formally arranged gathering(2) a small informal social gathering(3) a casual or unexpected convergence(4) the social act of assembling for some common purpose(5) the act of joining together as one(6) a place where things merge or flow together (especially rivers
Verb(1) come together(2) get together socially or for a specific purpose(3) be adjacent or come together(4) fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction(5) collect in one place(6) get to know; get acquainted with(7) meet by design; be present at the arrival of(8) contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle(9) experience as a reaction(10) undergo or suffer(11) be in direct physical contact with; make contact
(1) he intrigued her on their first meeting(2) he chaired a public meeting attended by the Minister(3) race meeting(4) The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the merits of the former ambassador traveling to Niger.(5) They understood the purpose of the meeting was to discuss incorporating a new company.(6) the early-dismissal policy will be discussed at our next meeting(7) The purpose of the meeting was to execute a legal document.(8) he scored two tries at their first meeting(9) It was the first time in 15 years they had held a formal meeting to discuss problems in the area.(10) they're seeking an urgent meeting of the council(11) she liked him from that first meeting(12) an athletics meeting(13) Whether it was a chance meeting or a planned meeting is not relevant to the point we were making.(14) Union officials have written to executives seeking an urgent meeting to discuss the matter.(15) Their meeting was chance when they happened to be walking in the same vicinity.(16) But some who attended the meeting felt their questions were yet to be answered.
(1) meet :: Conheça
(2) meeting room :: sala de reuniões
(3) meeting place :: ponto de encontro
(4) business meeting :: reunião de negócios
(5) meeting point :: ponto de encontro
(6) hold a meeting :: fazer uma reunião
(7) minutes of meeting :: minutos de encontro
(8) meeting request :: solicitação de reunião
(9) board meeting :: reunião do Conselho
(10) at the meeting :: na reunião
(11) arrange a meeting :: organizar uma reunião
1. gathering ::
2. consultation ::
3. encounter ::
4. convergence ::
5. coming together ::
7. confluence ::
8. encounter ::
9. get to know ::
10. assemble ::
11. converge ::
12. face ::
13. greet ::
14. fulfill ::
15. pay ::
16. come across ::
17. receive ::
19. take on ::
21. conform to ::
de acordo com
22. suffer ::
23. adjoin ::
ser contíguo a
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
in the small council chamber.
A MEETING has been called.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
I'm looking forward to MEETING his father.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
...for some failing to attend Physics
Department paintball strategy MEETING.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
So if I wanted to attend a council MEETING,
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
by my method
of obtaining this MEETING.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Portuguese Dictionary: meeting
Meaning and definitions of meeting, translation in Portuguese
language for meeting with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of meeting in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'meeting'
What meeting means in Portuguese, meeting meaning
in Portuguese, meeting
definition, examples and pronunciation
of meeting in Portuguese language.