corresponder, combinar, igualar, equiparar, casar, condizer, pôr à prova, experimentarpartida, competição, fósforo, partido, torcida, casamento, igual, aliança, mecha, parelha, estopimequivalente
Noun(1) lighter consisting of a thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical; ignites with friction(2) a formal contest in which two or more persons or teams compete(3) a burning piece of wood or cardboard(4) an exact duplicate(5) the score needed to win a match(6) a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect(7) a person who is of equal standing with another in a group(8) a pair of people who live together(9) something that resembles or harmonizes with
Verb(1) be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics(2) provide funds complementary to(3) bring two objects, ideas, or people together(4) be equal to in quality or ability(5) make correspond or harmonize(6) give or join in marriage(7) set into opposition or rivalry(8) be equal or harmonize(9) make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching
(1) He struck a match and turned on the gas fire stove, placing a greased pan on the fire.(2) the patterns didn't match(3) However, the lack of experience was no match for the exuberance of youth.(4) Then he lit a match , and began igniting the shreds in the cup as he breathed in through the tube.(5) Seeing she was no match for the animal in this grapple, the mother extended her hand into the bear's mouth.(6) to match a name to a face(7) He lit a match and warmed the foil until the powder liquified.(8) a boxing match(9) Foundation should match your skin tone as closely as possible; powder should match your foundation.(10) I struck a match and lit a candle and put it in the green glass dish and I went into the kitchen.(11) he was an unsuitable match for any of their girls(12) The synthetic skin didn't quite match his normal skin tone but that was the only indication that it was artificial.(13) Can't we pick people with a keener sense of how their strengths match the demands of the role?(14) a dynastic match(15) the match has finished(16) He struck a match and the objects on the mantelpiece threw brief shadows on the wall.
(1) football match :: partida de futebol
(2) perfect match :: combinação perfeita
(3) match point :: ponto que decide o jogo
(4) soccer match :: partida de futebol
(5) tennis match :: Partida de tênis
(6) match case :: caso de compatibilidade
(7) not match :: não combina
(8) death match :: jogo de morte
1. contest ::
2. equal ::
3. look-alike ::
4. marriage ::
6. mate ::
8. peer ::
9. catch ::
10. go with ::
11. correspond ::
12. equal ::
13. fit ::
14. equalize ::
15. touch ::
17. gibe ::
18. twin ::
19. pit ::
match, matched, matches, matching, matchless
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And there’s no MATCH with any fingerprint
of the police officers
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
or did you buy it to MATCH your fine clothes?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
She's an ideal MATCH.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
How about a bathtub
and a MATCH?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
Drinking and lust,
no man can MATCH me in these things.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
English to Portuguese Dictionary: match
Meaning and definitions of match, translation in Portuguese
language for match with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of match in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'match'
What match means in Portuguese, match meaning
in Portuguese, match
definition, examples and pronunciation
of match in Portuguese language.