Noun(1) the place where two or more things come together(2) the state of being joined together(3) the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made(4) something that joins or connects(5) an act of joining or adjoining things
(1) He found that learning occurs at the synapse (the junction between two neurons) by several means.(2) It is rare to find a simple right lymphatic duct that enters directly into the junction of the internal jugular and subclavian veins.(3) A further measure to enhance road safety in this area would be to extend the double yellow lines from the junction of Manor Road down to High Fold Lane.(4) Work is already underway on the site of the former Railway pub at the junction of Leigh Road and Lovers Lane at Howe Bridge.(5) Witnesses said that when the car hit Mr Kornelis, he was thrown 20 feet into the air and across the junction on to Railway Road.(6) As the cavalcade moved along the Inner Ring Road towards the junction , Arun took a right turn around the traffic island.(7) Adjacent cells are joined together at the junction of oppositely oriented elevations which have a small spine at the tip.(8) People keep saying it's this awkward union, but it's a great junction of two fashion superstars.(9) The man says he drove them to Carlow, dropping mother and son at the traffic lights at the junction of Kilkenny Road and Burrin Street.(10) the vena cava is formed by the junction of three veins(11) Immediately beyond is a junction with another stream joining from the left from Wisdom Tooth Passage.(12) Traffic lights operate at the junction with the main road, a busy dual carriageway.(13) Paula and Daniel were left trapped between the car and traffic lights at the junction of Liverpool Road and Green Lane.(14) To ensure public safety, access to the event will be via Union Street only and numbers will be restricted at the entry point at the junction of Union Street and Market Street.(15) the junction of two roundels produces a triangular space(16) The crash happened at 12.28 pm, close to the slip road of the junction on the southbound carriageway.
(1) tight junction :: junção apertado
(2) gap junction :: das junções de hiato
(3) road junction :: cruzamento
(4) neuromuscular junction :: junção neuromuscular
(5) junction point :: ponto de junção
(6) traffic junction :: cruzamento de tráfego
1. joint ::
2. confluence ::
3. intersection ::
4. conjunction ::
5. juncture ::
6. adjunction ::
1. dissolution ::
2. disunion ::
3. division ::
4. parting ::
5. partition ::
6. schism ::
7. split ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, you can add
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 3
English to Portuguese Dictionary: junction
Meaning and definitions of junction, translation in Portuguese
language for junction with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of junction in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'junction'
What junction means in Portuguese, junction meaning
in Portuguese, junction
definition, examples and pronunciation
of junction in Portuguese language.