instituição, instituto, organização, fundação, lei, costume, praxe
Noun(1) an organization founded and united for a specific purpose(2) an establishment consisting of a building or complex of buildings where an organization for the promotion of some cause is situated(3) a custom that for a long time has been an important feature of some group or society(4) the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new(5) a hospital for mentally incompetent or unbalanced person
(1) And for such an important institution in our society, this is a big deal.(2) Marriage is primarily a social institution , not a religious one.(3) The same point can be made on a much bigger scale if we consider a social institution such as religion.(4) a delay in the institution of proceedings(5) he soon became something of a national institution(6) Romantic notions aside, I believe the institution of marriage is a fundamentally practical one that does not even require love.(7) Our government should respect every person and protect the institution of marriage.(8) Major credit cards vary in how they compute this rate, but it's usually much higher than what a financial institution would charge for a loan.(9) a certificate from a professional institution(10) she is now considered as something of a "national institution ".(11) Religion as a social institution is not identical with a deeper spiritual life and even can prosper for a time when such a life is lacking.(12) Dress codes are a British institution , and the British love their uniforms.(13) First of all, your Honour, we say this was not at the time of institution of these proceedings an inappropriate forum.(14) I thank them all for their commitment to the people they serve and to our democratic institution , this Parliament.(15) Should we adopt Scandinavia's style of socio-economic policy, reducing our commitment to the institution of marriage and improving our commitment to parenthood?(16) Marriage was initially a social institution to strengthen the alliance between families.
(1) financial institution :: instituição financeira
(2) mental institution :: Instituição mental
(3) social institution :: instituição social
(4) depository institution :: Instituição depositária
(5) public institution :: instituição pública
(6) academic institution :: instituição acadêmica
1. establishment ::
2. hospital ::
3. practice ::
4. initiation ::
5. psychiatric hospital ::
6. foundation ::
institution, institutional, institutions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
This is an INSTITUTION of higher learning.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
I am merely an instrument
of the INSTITUTION I represent.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 4
- Iocal INSTITUTION looked upon with
favour by the Chamber of Commerce...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
Princeton, a fine INSTITUTION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 24
...who walks into
a women's correctional INSTITUTION...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
English to Portuguese Dictionary: institution
Meaning and definitions of institution, translation in Portuguese
language for institution with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of institution in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'institution'
What institution means in Portuguese, institution meaning
in Portuguese, institution
definition, examples and pronunciation
of institution in Portuguese language.