importante, essencial, considerável, influente, presunçoso, grado
Adjective(1) of great significance or value(2) important in effect or meaning(3) of extreme importance; vital to the resolution of a crisis(4) having authority or ascendancy or influence(5) having or suggesting a consciousness of high position
(1) After all, in economic terms at least, a movie star is the most important person on the set.(2) I don't know too much about him, but he seemed like an important man and a good bloke.(3) the most important thing is that you're on the mend(4) she was an important figure(5) I know how to behave in front of important people and how to behave in everyday life.(6) it's more important to take part than to win(7) As one of his closest companions, Anne became an important member of the new regime.(8) I was made to feel an important part of the team, even though I was just tapping a computer.(9) Each anecdote seems designed to remind us we are in the presence of a clever and important man.(10) Luke is the oldest and the least important employee of a dismal company that imports cloth.(11) It is important to avoid any further exposure to the sun until the burns have healed.(12) This is a timely, important book which points at matters which are relevant to us all now.(13) The traffic will part like the Red Sea to let them through because they're so important ?(14) The important people have been informed of their duties and the day plan has been set in paper.(15) that's an important point(16) It's hard to know where to start explaining how important and useful this book is.
(1) not important :: Não é importante
(2) most important :: mais importante
(3) very important :: muito importante
(4) more important :: mais importante
(5) it's important :: é importante
(6) less important :: menos importante
(7) important person :: pessoa importante
(8) self-important :: cheio de si
(9) so important :: tão importante
1. significant ::
2. main ::
3. of value ::
4. powerful ::
5. authoritative ::
6. crucial ::
1. inconsiderable ::
2. insignificant ::
3. little ::
4. minor ::
5. negligible ::
6. slight ::
7. small ::
8. trifling ::
important, importantly, unimportant
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It was IMPORTANT that she remain desirable
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
are more IMPORTANT
than the written rules
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 14
...but Steve Ditko knows
he was just as IMPORTANT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
Your wife says you have
something IMPORTANT to tell me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
and I think it's IMPORTANT
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
English to Portuguese Dictionary: important
Meaning and definitions of important, translation in Portuguese
language for important with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of important in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'important'
What important means in Portuguese, important meaning
in Portuguese, important
definition, examples and pronunciation
of important in Portuguese language.