vestido, beca, toga, roupão, traje acadêmicovestir a toga, vestir-se
Noun(1) a woman's dress, usually with a close-fitting bodice and a long flared skirt, often worn on formal occasions(2) the members of a university as distinguished from the other residents of the town in which the university is located(3) lingerie consisting of a loose dress designed to be worn in bed by women(4) protective garment worn by surgeons during operations(5) outerwear consisting of a long flowing garment used for official or ceremonial occasions
Verb(1) dress in a gown
(1) In both Oxford and Cambridge, gown dominates the town.(2) A nurse helped me get changed into a hospital gown , and get into the bed.(3) a silk ball gown(4) He was capped and dressed in a long gown , red shoes, and a red silk sash with a silk ball on his chest.(5) You will then be asked to remove all your clothes and put on a loose gown that ties at the back of your body.(6) We are renewing our vows a week before in Las Vegas and the one thing I would really love is an original wedding gown .(7) Down in Santa's bedroom his nightcap and gown hangs on the end of the bed.(8) On a recent visit, in the hallway outside an M.R.I. room, a patient milled around in a light blue paper gown .(9) She looked absolutely lovely in her elegant gown of pale yellow, which brought out the golden highlights in her long hair.(10) Before the surgery, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown .(11) The doctor looked up from the child on the bed, now clothed in a hospital gown with an ID bracelet around her wrist.(12) You will be in a hospital gown as zippers and snap fasteners can interfere with the scan.(13) Now, do you remember your graduation, walking down the aisle, wearing your cap and gown ?(14) The next morning, I changed into a fresh gown from the wardrobe and went into the bathroom to give myself a quick brushing and washing up.(15) She was very pretty in an elegant gown , clutching a bouquet of pink tulips.(16) Once she's changed into the hospital gown and settled in the bed, we're allowed to sit with her until it's time for the operation.
(1) wedding gown :: vestido de noiva
(2) evening gown :: vestido de noite
(3) bridal gown :: vestido de noiva
(4) surgical gown :: vestido cirúrgico
(5) cap and gown :: tampão e um vestido
(6) dressing-gown :: vestido formal
(7) morning gown :: vestido de manhã
(8) night-gown :: vestido de noite
1. dress ::
2. robe ::
3. surgical gown ::
4. nightie ::
gown, gowned, gowning, gowns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That's a lovely GOWN, my lady.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
in a beautiful GOWN of gold and
green brocade with fringed sleeves.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Loras, isn't the queen's GOWN magnificent?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
Looks like a Tyrell rose.
Give it to Margaery for her wedding GOWN.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
Mother says I'll have
a new GOWN for the ceremony
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
English to Portuguese Dictionary: gown
Meaning and definitions of gown, translation in Portuguese
language for gown with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of gown in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'gown'
What gown means in Portuguese, gown meaning
in Portuguese, gown
definition, examples and pronunciation
of gown in Portuguese language.