governo, administração pública, ministério, poder executivo, regência, sistema de governo
Noun(1) the organization that is the governing authority of a political unit(2) the act of governing; exercising authority(3) (government(4) the study of government of states and other political units
(1) As time moves on we see more States conforming to this system of government .(2) How does the historian account for that relationship and its government of people's lives?(3) Australia is a parliamentary democracy based on the British system of government .(4) When it comes to identifying the powers of the federal government , we know where to look.(5) The federal government is running a huge deficit now, so that's not going to be much help.(6) It is going to be interesting to see how long the federal government waits before stepping in.(7) It promises to balance the federal budget in every year of an NDP government .(8) I am retired from the Federal government and use the Net to pass a lot of my time.(9) She advocates the control of the excesses of capitalism by regulation and government .(10) a secular, pluralistic, democratic government(11) By investing in the sports infrastructure of the nation, the government is on a winner.(12) he retired after nine years in government(13) Everywhere you read that we should fight attempts by the government to start gun control.(14) Is a democratic form of government a necessary pre-condition for the existence of human rights?(15) central government(16) The privatizers traditionally claim that government has no business in business.
(1) government officials :: funcionários do governo
(2) local government :: governo local
(3) federal government :: governo federal
(4) government agencies :: agências governamentais
(5) government agency :: Agencia do governo
(6) government official :: oficial do governo
(7) government employee :: empregado do governo
(8) municipal government :: governo municipal
(9) government spending :: Gastos públicos
(10) state government :: Estado governamental
1. administration ::
2. rule ::
4. political science ::
government, governmental, governments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
the federal GOVERNMENT
wouldn't let them.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
That's why I was refused clearance
for a GOVERNMENT research fellowship...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
...in the destruction of GOVERNMENT
property worth millions of dollars.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
I believe it means the U.S. GOVERNMENT
is going to expel him from the country.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
wanted their soldiers
trained with live targets.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Portuguese Dictionary: government
Meaning and definitions of government, translation in Portuguese
language for government with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of government in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'government'
What government means in Portuguese, government meaning
in Portuguese, government
definition, examples and pronunciation
of government in Portuguese language.