jardim, horto, horta, quintal, parque, pomar, jardim público, região fértildo jardim, comum, ordináriojardinar, ajardinar, dedicar-se à jardinagem
Noun(1) a plot of ground where plants are cultivated(2) the flowers or vegetables or fruits or herbs that are cultivated in a garden(3) a yard or lawn adjoining a house
Verb(1) work in the garden
Adjective(1) the usual or familiar type
(1) a garden gate(2) the back garden(3) garden waste(4) The patch of ground she was sweeping is now a smart lawn rimmed with flowers and a vegetable garden .(5) a herb garden(6) We were guided a couple of miles to a beautiful old house with a garden and fruit trees.(7) To extend the growing season, he said his students also grow flowers in the garden 's border.(8) What if you don't want to give up space in the flower garden to grow fruit, or if your soil is too poor?(9) Elmer and my dad worked together, played together, and gardened together.(10) As he took me around, he proudly showed me where he had built terraces, where he had planted fruit trees, and where he established herb and vegetable gardens .(11) When I gardened in London there was always a queue of a dozen birds at the dispenser in winter months; curious as to whether it was the same dozen gorging themselves over and over, I called in an expert.(12) Having gardened for a living since 1977, I have learnt to respect the individual weather characteristics of every month.(13) The extensive vegetable gardens and fruit orchard provide food for the couple and bountiful gifts for friends.(14) ├ö├ç├┐When my wife was alive, we would disagree, so she would garden in the garden and I gardened in the woods,├ö├ç├û says Forteviot.(15) Secondly, those families with gardens grew vegetables in them.(16) I've also established my share of vegetable and perennial flower gardens .
(1) in the garden :: no Jardim
(2) garden hose :: Mangueira de jardim
(3) garden party :: Festa de Jardim
(4) roof garden :: jardim no terraço
(5) botanical garden :: Jardim Botânico
(6) vegetable garden :: Horta
(7) back garden :: quintal
(8) beer garden :: Jardim de cerveja
(9) garden shears :: tesoura de jardim
(10) kitchen garden :: horta
1. yard ::
2. plot ::
3. bed ::
4. patch ::
5. lawn ::
6. flower bed ::
canteiro de flores
7. flower garden ::
Jardim de flores
8. vegetable garden ::
9. herb garden ::
Jardim de ervas
10. victory garden ::
jardim de vitória
garden, gardened, gardener, gardeners, gardening, gardens
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Space, lots of light. lt's--
Little GARDEN out back. lt's nice.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
There's an Olive Garden down the street.
You guys should try it sometime.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
in Garden Grove
because the one in Pasadena
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
In other news, I'm thinking of starting an
herb GARDEN. Mum's the word. Gotta go.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
Does this look like Olive Garden?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
English to Portuguese Dictionary: garden
Meaning and definitions of garden, translation in Portuguese
language for garden with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of garden in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'garden'
What garden means in Portuguese, garden meaning
in Portuguese, garden
definition, examples and pronunciation
of garden in Portuguese language.