comida, alimento, alimentação, ração, sustento, pasto, provisão, nutrimento
Noun(1) any substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give energy and build tissue(2) any solid substance (as opposed to liquid(3) anything that provides mental stimulus for thinking
(1) Larkin began shoveling food on his plate, seeming to favor the pears.(2) baby food(3) give him plenty of food(4) At night these will be replaced with people selling snack food cooked on portable stoves.(5) I had a small breakfast and I wanted to shovel all this delicious food into my mouth like a pig.(6) food for the soul(7) tins of cat food(8) Retrieving the canned cat food from the kitchen, I flip on the coffee as I walk past.(9) A range of Mexican fast food is available.(10) Gertie gives me the dirtiest look ever, and slams the tray of disgusting cafeteria food on the table.(11) The gourmet food was specially prepared for road trips.(12) Throw out the remaining gourmet cat food from the can you opened this morning.(13) Ian shouted happily as he noticed the junk food on the tables.(14) We like Paul's cooking, and everyone likes it when I order takeout food for dinner.(15) We had a great time sipping hugely intoxicating Margaritas and eating delicious spicy food .(16) food for the mind
(1) fast food :: comida rápida
(2) junk food :: comida não saudável
(3) dog food :: comida de cão
(4) good food :: boa comida
(5) food poisoning :: Envenenamento alimentar
(6) food court :: Praça de alimentação
(7) frozen food :: comida congelada
(8) buy food :: comprar comida
(9) food chain :: cadeia alimentar
(10) canned food :: comida enlatada
1. nourishment ::
2. fodder ::
3. food for thought ::
alimento para o pensamento
4. nutrient ::
5. solid food ::
food, foods, nonfood
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Have you seen Penny eat Chinese FOOD?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
Except you don't
have FOOD or water,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 18
You can manage FOOD, I trust?
Yoren, dine with me.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
...Jews always go with Chinese FOOD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
Leonard, if you had
FOOD on your face,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
English to Portuguese Dictionary: food
Meaning and definitions of food, translation in Portuguese
language for food with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of food in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'food'
What food means in Portuguese, food meaning
in Portuguese, food
definition, examples and pronunciation
of food in Portuguese language.