Noun(1) a quantity of liquor equal to one fifth of a United States gallon(2) position five in a countable series of things(3) one part in five equal parts(4) the musical interval between one note and another five notes away from it
Adjective(1) coming next after the fourth and just before the sixth in position
(1) one fifth of a second(2) And several times in the book a diminished fifth rather than an augmented fourth is called a tritone.(3) We were ranked fifth going into the race and came out third with a new British record.(4) Like all of the fastest cars at Michigan, he came up short in the fuel mileage game but still raced to a fifth place finish.(5) he came fifth last(6) And in fifth gear it simply didn't have enough oomph to overcome gravity.(7) The fifth day of a five day forecast is accurate 20% of the time and these guys are gonna tell me what the weather will be like a hundred years from now?(8) She was the tallest person in our fifth grade class.(9) Should I just down a fifth of vodka and go to sleep for several hours, and hope they are back by the time I lapse out of unconsciousness?(10) he was the fifth to qualify(11) At some point, you'll end up selecting fifth instead of third.(12) at the end of the fifth century(13) Despite being geared to reach its top speed in the fifth of its seven gears, you can never quite escape the V10's voice.(14) The first thing he did was stop in a liquor store to buy a fifth of rye whiskey.(15) Joey was, said his mother, a straight-A student through fifth grade.(16) I found this engine a bit on the small side, but that is just a personal thing as it is more than capable of motorway cruising and has enough power for overtaking, even in fifth .
(1) fifth floor :: quinto andar
(2) the fifth :: o quinto
(3) fifth grade :: quinto ano
(4) fifth wheel :: quinta roda
(5) fifth disease :: quinta doença
(6) fifth month :: quinto mês
(7) fifth column :: quinta coluna
1. one-fifth ::
2. fifth part ::
fifth, fifthly, fifths
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
lt wasn't until the FIFTH grade
that l found out she liked me too,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
I study the brain, the organ responsible
for Beethoven's "Fifth Symphony."
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
Leslie Winkle is the FIFTH girl
I've ever had sex with.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
That makes Halle Berry
my FIFTH favorite Catwoman.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
Oh, not just date night.
Our FIFTH anniversary.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
English to Portuguese Dictionary: fifth
Meaning and definitions of fifth, translation in Portuguese
language for fifth with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fifth in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'fifth'
What fifth means in Portuguese, fifth meaning
in Portuguese, fifth
definition, examples and pronunciation
of fifth in Portuguese language.