Noun(1) a small elite group
Adjective(1) a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `a'; a small but indefinite number
(1) She also asked him a few more questions until we were certain he was my twin brother.(2) If we lose or draw, then I wouldn't see us being able to make up that ground in so few games.(3) It needs to have a mass appeal so it stays firmly in the mainstream and takes few risks.(4) there were as few as ten of us at first(5) Emancipation is not a right that can be curtailed in favour of the interests of the few .(6) he's a man of few words(7) The Thals are one of the very few powers in this world able to make me root for the Daleks.(8) one of the few who survived(9) few of the students are finding work(10) of the few that are available, two are old(11) it was one of the few times I spoke to him(12) It is one of Cumbria's few evergreen flora of the fells and can be seen all year round.(13) His education, he told me, was unlikely to get him a decent job and he had few friends.(14) Place the warm fennel on the plate and arrange the fish on top with a few of the cucumber pieces.(15) there are too few people willing to help(16) Try to be nice about it though and offer them a can of beer or you will make few friends.
(1) a few :: um pouco
(2) very few :: muito pouco
(3) quite a few :: muito poucos
(4) a few days :: alguns dias
(5) few days :: poucos dias
(6) a few days ago :: alguns dias atrás
(7) only a few :: somente alguns
(8) in a few minutes :: em alguns minutos
(9) too few :: muito pouco
(10) a few years ago :: alguns anos atrás
1. not many ::
2. hardly any ::
3. scarcely any ::
4. a small number of ::
um pequeno número de
5. a small amount of ::
uma pequena quantidade de
6. one or two ::
um ou dois
7. a handful of ::
um punhado de
8. little ::
9. a small number ::
Um pequeno número
10. a handful ::
11. one or two ::
um ou dois
12. a couple ::
13. two or three ::
dois ou três
14. not many ::
15. hardly any ::
few, fewer, fewest, fewness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Queen would like to say a FEW words.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
This is where we enter
the city. Very FEW guards. They know me.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
I do, however, have a FEW conditions.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
he was a squire
until a FEW months ago.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
There have been FEW rulers in history
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Portuguese Dictionary: few
Meaning and definitions of few, translation in Portuguese
language for few with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of few in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'few'
What few means in Portuguese, few meaning
in Portuguese, few
definition, examples and pronunciation
of few in Portuguese language.