ventilador, ventoinha, leque, admirador, aficionado, entusiasta, abanoventilar, abanar, arejar, soprar, bafejar
Noun(1) a device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces(2) an enthusiastic devotee of sports(3) an ardent follower and admirer
Verb(1) strike out (a batter, of a pitcher(2) make (an emotion(3) agitate the air(4) blow away or off with a current of air
(1) Firefighters had been monitoring hotspots but there were worries that increasing wind might fan the flames.(2) fan vaulting(3) His 10 strikeouts in 179 plate appearances make him the hardest to fan , by far, in the American League.(4) Amusingly, as it stirred the hot air in the room, it caused the ceiling fan to rotate slowly.(5) They select those news reports that are consistent with their preferred thinking, especially those that fan national emotions.(6) Once the car gets cool, then you can obviously switch off the air conditioner and let the fan rotate the cool air.(7) Sammy felt like whipping out a paper fan and waving it crazily in front of her face.(8) Up to 2000 m of alluvial fan and fan delta deposits of early Cretaceous age are preserved in the Coastal Cordillera.(9) When the weather turns hot, workers fan their wings at the entrance to the hive, cooling it.(10) Males continuously fan the eggs to aerate them and to prevent silt from settling on them.(11) I'm a fan of this author(12) I used my hand to fan my face, which felt ridiculously hot.(13) The only thing that everyone could hear was the sound of the ceiling fan rotating.(14) The burning gases keep the shaft turning by rotating a fan before exiting the engine.(15) Needles of light, frozen rays, shot out from her back, spreading out like a fan , with a thin light webbing in between each.(16) Anzuko was drawing a portrait of Suzume for fun while Suzume posed by lying down and holding an open fan casually.
(1) ceiling fan :: ventilador de teto
(2) table fan :: ventilador de mesa
(3) electric fan :: ventilador elétrico
(4) exhaust fan :: fã exausto
(5) fan club :: fã clube
(6) fan belt :: correia do alternador
(7) fan out :: espalham
(8) sports fan :: fã de esportes
(9) be a fan of :: seja um fã de
1. ventilator ::
2. enthusiast ::
3. sports fan ::
fã de esportes
4. buff ::
6. intensify ::
8. winnow ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Uh, big FAN of the show.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
I'm a FAN of the hardwood.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
You know what?
I used to be a FAN of evolution...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
Well, I'm not much of a sports FAN,
but thank you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
I wrote a FAN letter to you
when I was a child in Texas...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
English to Portuguese Dictionary: fan
Meaning and definitions of fan, translation in Portuguese
language for fan with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fan in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'fan'
What fan means in Portuguese, fan meaning
in Portuguese, fan
definition, examples and pronunciation
of fan in Portuguese language.