falha, insucesso, fracasso, insuficiência, incapacidade, carência, esquecimento, baldão, distração
Noun(1) an act that fails(2) an event that does not accomplish its intended purpose(3) lack of success(4) a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently(5) an unexpected omission(6) inability to discharge all your debts as they come due(7) loss of ability to function normally
(1) What if we are suffering from a failure of imagination?(2) Both the success and the failure of this movie are to be found in the author's treatment of the narrative.(3) Plus, dealing with failure would require more than running to a shop with the receipt for a warranty exchange.(4) During any sudden power failure , the system automatically switches to regular electricity.(5) symptoms of heart failure(6) New national policies are doomed to failure if they are not part of an overall solution.(7) To put it generously, this was a terrible failure of imagination.(8) Colleges could face stiff sanctions for failure to comply with requirements, the bill states.(9) In view of the role played by aneuploidy in carcinogenesis and in human reproductive failure , this omission is perhaps surprising.(10) Hence, the high rate of hatching failure in bee-eaters requires explanation.(11) a chance engine failure(12) We fully expected each failure , because we knew quite well when we had broken the rules.(13) Air crash investigators said engine failure may have been one of the factors to blame for the tragedy that unfolded near Hemingbrough.(14) Key factors influencing the success or failure of the government's policy are likely to be psychological in nature.(15) Ian Grant has suffered total renal failure and now requires dialysis three times a week.(16) For this reason health should be the pre-eminent measure of the success or failure of development policies in the next century.
(1) power failure :: falha de energia
(2) failure rate :: taxa de reprovação
(3) renal failure :: insuficiência renal
(4) respiratory failure :: Parada respiratória
(5) crop failure :: quebra de safra
(6) failure to appear :: falta de comparência
(7) equipment failure :: falha de equipamento
(8) catastrophic failure :: falha catastrófica
(9) single point of failure :: ponto unico de falha
(10) engine failure :: falha do motor
1. lack of success ::
falta de sucesso
2. fiasco ::
3. loser ::
4. negligence ::
5. inadequacy ::
6. breaking down ::
7. collapse ::
8. bankruptcy ::
1. success ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
The success or FAILURE
of our deceitful enterprise turns on details.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
The only people who aren't afraid of
FAILURE are madmen like your father.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
...their love seems unlikely
and doomed to FAILURE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
with a married man to avoid FAILURE