exemplo, exemplar, modelo, molde, amostra, espécime, lição
Noun(1) an item of information that is typical of a class or group(2) a representative form or pattern(3) something to be imitated(4) punishment intended as a warning to others(5) an occurrence of something(6) a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding
(1) If they can't set an example to their child when they're young then will it really know any better?(2) One of the key recommendations was the use of role models to set an example to younger generations.(3) The seniors must set an example to the juniors by their conduct on and off the field.(4) She spoke of her as a very diligent student, a girl who was a good example for all to follow.(5) Other writers stressed the need for a samurai to set an example to the lower orders of society by his conduct.(6) It feels it should set an example by reducing the numbers of cars in the city.(7) it is important that parents should set an example(8) It was intended only as a general example of how language use and acceptability varies.(9) he followed his brother's example and deserted his family(10) he led by example(11) it is vitally important that parents should set an example(12) it's a bad example to kids(13) The most key people in setting an example to the next generation are parents and guardians.(14) You are your child's best teacher, so set an example through your own behaviour.(15) He wished more young people would take a leaf out of his book and follow his example .(16) example sentence
(1) for example :: por exemplo
(2) follow the example :: Siga o exemplo
(3) set an example :: coloque um exemplo
(4) as an example :: como um exemplo
(5) set a good example :: definido um bom exemplo
(6) give an example :: Dê um exemplo
(7) a good example :: um bom exemplo
(8) good example :: bom exemplo
(9) example of :: exemplo de
(10) example sentence :: exemplo sentença
1. specimen ::
2. precedent ::
3. warning ::
4. model ::
5. exercise ::
6. representative ::
7. instance ::
8. object lesson ::
example, exampled, examples, exampling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Penny has a flatscreen TV...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
There are a number of acceptable answers.
For EXAMPLE, C, near-Earth transport.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
Sheldon had Quizno's for lunch.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
For EXAMPLE, getting inside a cistern.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
For EXAMPLE, I cry because
others are stupid and it makes me sad.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
English to Portuguese Dictionary: example
Meaning and definitions of example, translation in Portuguese
language for example with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of example in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'example'
What example means in Portuguese, example meaning
in Portuguese, example
definition, examples and pronunciation
of example in Portuguese language.