evento, acontecimento, fato, caso, ocorrência
Noun(1) something that happens at a given place and time(2) a special set of circumstances(3) a phenomenon located at a single point in space-time; the fundamental observational entity in relativity theory(4) a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
(1) in the event of the flight being cancelled(2) open in the event of an emergency(3) in that event(4) I think part of it was that staying up to midnight was a rare event , an exciting exception to our daily life.(5) he repeated the success in the four-lap, 600 cc event(6) It really is a rare event that one email can have our headquarters having a joint chuckle.(7) that was a strange event(8) don't go in such an event(9) The occasion is likely to be a social event with a huge number of people I don't know.(10) an unusual event happened(11) in the event of fire(12) Spain won the team event(13) The fair is an annual event , to raise money to maintain the fabric of the village church.(14) in the unlikely event of Derry winning(15) When you talk about the death of people at a sporting event , the sport itself passes into the background.(16) I remember how exciting it was to go to Madison Square Garden and to go to a live sporting event .
(1) in the event of :: no evento de
(2) in any event :: em qualquer evento
(3) in the event :: no evento
(4) main event :: evento principal
(5) sports event :: evento esportivo
(6) in the event that :: no evento que
(7) current event :: evento atual
(8) event management :: gestão de eventos
(9) event manager :: gerente de eventos
(10) sporting event :: evento esportivo
1. occurrence ::
2. competition ::
3. consequence ::
4. case ::
event, eventful, events, nonevent, nonevents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"In the EVENT of a divorce
please return to Sheldon Cooper."
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
in which order I would eat all my friends
in the EVENT of an apocalypse?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
In any EVENT, that began
a decade-long progression
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
the most expensive EVENT in living memory.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
precisely where and when
an EVENT of awareness takes place.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
English to Portuguese Dictionary: event
Meaning and definitions of event, translation in Portuguese
language for event with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of event in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'event'
What event means in Portuguese, event meaning
in Portuguese, event
definition, examples and pronunciation
of event in Portuguese language.