estimativa, avaliação, orçamento, cálculoestimar, calcular, avaliar, fazer contas
Noun(1) an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth(2) a judgment of the qualities of something or somebody(3) a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation(4) a statement indicating the likely cost of some job(5) the respect with which a person is held
Verb(1) judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time(2) judge to be probable
(1) The estimate is too often viewed as a necessary administrative step to get sales.(2) his high estimate of the poem(3) It includes cases studies of couples undergoing treatment as well as a rough estimate of costs.(4) There was no estimate available from any source of the number of demonstrators.(5) I must stress that this is only an estimate and not a calculation.(6) The $2.8 million is a conservative estimate based on records from the House and Senate clerks' offices.(7) They were told to get an estimate of the likely cost of ramps and bring it before parish councillors again.(8) Our estimate of that value may be incorrect, in fact it almost certainly is.(9) the aim is to estimate the effects of macroeconomic policy on the economy(10) Experts estimate that between 70 % and 80 % of wireless networks are insecure.(11) at a rough estimate, staff are recycling a quarter of paper used(12) Officials estimate that Britons alone lose Ôö¼├║150 million a year to such frauds.(13) This involves making an estimate of the value of the contract.(14) at a rough estimate, our staff is recycling a quarter of the paper used(15) Whatever your final choice, be sure and get a detailed estimate in writing.(16) It's how you make any sort of estimate of the character of a public figure.
(1) cost estimate :: estimativa de custo
(2) rough estimate :: estimativa aproximada
(3) conservative estimate :: estimativa conservadora
(4) costs estimate :: estimativa de custos
(5) ballpark estimate :: estimativa da estimativa
(6) written estimate :: estimativa escrita
(7) point estimate :: ponto estimado
(8) over-estimate :: excesso de estimativa
1. rough calculation ::
2. evaluation ::
3. estimation ::
4. calculate roughly ::
5. consider ::
6. figure ::
7. gauge ::
estimate, estimated, estimates, estimating
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You're monitoring the telescope
for 12 hours, and by my ESTIMATE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
I suppose it wouldn't hurt
to get an ESTIMATE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 21
giving me an ESTIMATE
of your annual cash flow here.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
The earliest ESTIMATE
of the singularity.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
English to Portuguese Dictionary: estimate
Meaning and definitions of estimate, translation in Portuguese
language for estimate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of estimate in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'estimate'
What estimate means in Portuguese, estimate meaning
in Portuguese, estimate
definition, examples and pronunciation
of estimate in Portuguese language.