distrito, bairro, comarca, zona, jurisdição, setor, conselhodividir em distritos
Noun(1) a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
Verb(1) regulate housing in; of certain areas of towns
(1) We showed up a bit before then and walked around the meatpacking district .(2) We then walked down to Fourteenth Street, the center of the city's red light district .(3) There's a new store looking for space in the gold-plated Rodeo Drive shopping district .(4) an elegant shopping district(5) From 1946 to 1947 he was deputy assistant district attorney in New York City.(6) postal district(7) But since we were up on a mountain we could not visit the red light district of town.(8) She took a shine to Chicago's sprawling skyline and downtown shopping district .(9) The Neihu district is developing into a shopping district for suburban Taipei, Wei said.(10) Application forms for travel concessions are available from district council offices or by telephone from 770380.(11) the city school district(12) We are the size of Melbourne, yet we have 21 district health boards.(13) Close your eyes and it almost sounds like the meatpacking district .(14) Their members will never be bogged down in committee meetings in some district council.(15) Let us look at that district health board sector, of which a large part is hospital-based.(16) a coal-mining district
(1) business district :: Distrito comercial
(2) district attorney :: promotor
(3) shopping district :: zona comercial
(4) district heating :: aquecimento urbano
(5) district court :: tribunal distrital
(6) urban district :: Distrito urbano
(7) suburban district :: distrito suburbano
(8) commercial district :: Distrito comercial
(9) residential district :: Distrito residencial
1. neighborhood ::
2. area ::
3. region ::
4. locality ::
5. locale ::
6. community ::
7. quarter ::
8. sector ::
9. zone ::
10. territory ::
11. ward ::
12. neck of the woods ::
pescoço do bosque
13. zone ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We could pull back to the pyramid DISTRICT,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Back to 100 percent. Going to DISTRICT.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
DEA, Albuquerque District Office.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
English to Portuguese Dictionary: district
Meaning and definitions of district, translation in Portuguese
language for district with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of district in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'district'
What district means in Portuguese, district meaning
in Portuguese, district
definition, examples and pronunciation
of district in Portuguese language.