discordar, divergir, diferir, disputar, questionar, desafinar
Verb(1) be of different opinions(2) be different from one another
(1) Historians disagree about exactly when the decline of the British empire began.(2) And unfortunately, she's well aware that some readers disagree vehemently with articles I've written.(3) For reasons which follow, I respectfully disagree with his conclusion.(4) Indeed, different scientists even disagree as to what the best edition of the map is at any one time.(5) There are always people who disagree on the issues of abortion, homosexuality and religion.(6) The various accounts disagree over whether it was the whole of his left ear or just part of it which was cut.(7) no one was willing to disagree with him(8) results which disagree with the findings reported so far(9) results that disagree with the findings reported so far(10) The vast majority of people who vote Liberal Democrat disagree quite violently with their policies.(11) Couples go through a number of statements and see whether they agree, disagree , or are undecided about them.(12) But don't think everybody has it in for you - some experts totally disagree .(13) Advice from professionals can help, but experts often disagree .(14) historians often disagree(15) In other words, they disagreed then and disagree now fundamentally with the characterization of the threat.(16) They arrive at different estimates; they disagree about how many peanuts there are in front of them.
(1) disagree with :: discordam com
(2) agree to disagree :: concordo em discordar
1. take issue with ::
ter problema com
2. differ ::
3. make ill ::
4. disaccord ::
5. dissent ::
1. agree ::
2. assent ::
3. concur ::
disagree, disagreeable, disagreed, disagreeing, disagrees
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- She was going to find out eventually.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
I DISAGREE. Love is not a sprint.
It's a marathon.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
- We're not living together.
- I beg to DISAGREE. Ahem.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
Strongly DISAGREE. Go on.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
English to Portuguese Dictionary: disagree
Meaning and definitions of disagree, translation in Portuguese
language for disagree with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of disagree in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'disagree'
What disagree means in Portuguese, disagree meaning
in Portuguese, disagree
definition, examples and pronunciation
of disagree in Portuguese language.