secretária, escrivaninha, balcão, púlpito, caixa, mesa da trabalho, carteira escolar
Noun(1) a piece of furniture with a writing surface and usually drawers or other compartments
(1) They walked together with me from the reception desk to the security check area.(2) I woke shortly after dawn, which is normal, and sat down at my desk for the morning writing session.(3) They walked up to the reception desk and were met with a waiter who led them to a small table for two.(4) He began by telling us that he had no score; so he stood up alongside of the first-violin desk and prepared to conduct.(5) I went into the apartment building, there was a young man sitting at a desk , reading some book.(6) Intriguingly enough, you didn't try to make a big name for yourself as a cellist but kept your eye on a conducting career from the cello desk .(7) I pulled on my night gown and sat at the small desk and wrote in my journal as I always did.(8) They laughed and hurried sheepishly downstairs, leaving the key on the reception desk in the hotel lobby.(9) My producer reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a few pieces of paper held together with a paper clip.(10) She sat down on the chair at her desk and pulled a small mirror out of the top desk drawer.(11) the reception desk(12) he landed a job on the sports desk(13) She runs the information desk - you would have seen her earlier when you signed in.(14) I checked in at the desk and found myself a couch near the bathroom on which to relax.(15) When I got to the hotel lobby it was deserted so I just left my room key behind the reception desk and headed out into the street.(16) As I got through the main doors, just to the right of the information desk , I saw this amazing space.
(1) help desk :: Central de Ajuda
(2) front desk :: mesa da frente
(3) information desk :: balcão de informações
(4) on the desk :: na mesa
(5) cash desk :: balcão do caixa
(6) desk clerk :: mesário
(7) reception desk :: balcão de recepção
(8) check-in desk :: recepção
(9) writing desk :: escrivaninha
(10) student desk :: mesa do estudante
1. writing table ::
2. bureau ::
3. escritoire ::
4. secretaire ::
5. rolltop desk ::
6. carrel ::
7. workstation ::
posto de trabalho
8. worktable ::
mesa de trabalho
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Your tickets will be
at the concierge DESK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
A standing DESK. Denied!
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
Do not touch anything on my DESK.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
[IN NORMAL VOICE]
I'm just... I'm just saying,
why's he on your DESK?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Like that Spider-Man action figure
that used to be on your DESK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
English to Portuguese Dictionary: desk
Meaning and definitions of desk, translation in Portuguese
language for desk with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of desk in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'desk'
What desk means in Portuguese, desk meaning
in Portuguese, desk
definition, examples and pronunciation
of desk in Portuguese language.