departamento, serviço, setor, ministério, repartição, seção, divisão territorial
Noun(1) a specialized division of a large organization(2) the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France(3) a specialized sphere of knowledge
(1) In the rhythm department bassist Jeff Halsey was unflappable and clearly has much to offer.(2) he was a bit lacking in the height department(3) The matter has now been handed over to the environmental department of the City Council.(4) the story was all over the department(5) he wasn't too great in the brains department(6) I thought pubs were your department(7) The scheme is based on a proposal by the University of Paisley's department of economics.(8) Neil Hewitt, who works in the housing department of Medway council in Kent, is hoping to train as an inspector.(9) he was a lecturer in the department of history(10) How is it that the drama department of the University has achieved such distinguished output?(11) Ponting himself is relishing the responsibility because he has had a chequered past in that department .(12) And the Aussies, the world's sledging experts, reckon he is a soft touch in that department .(13) He ran a post office and now works in the education department of Rochdale council.(14) that's not my department(15) sorry, that's not my department(16) There was a department of Indian Theatre in the university through which I used to act.
(1) department store :: loja de departamento
(2) sales department :: Departamento de vendas
(3) finance department :: Departamento de Finanças
(4) purchasing department :: Departamento de compras
(5) accounting department :: Departamento de Contabilidade
(6) accounts department :: Departamento de Contabilidade
(7) personnel department :: Departamento pessoal
(8) marketing department :: Departamento de marketing
(9) head of department :: chefe de departamento
(10) legal department :: Departamento legal
1. division ::
2. domain ::
3. section ::
department, departmental, departments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
My Department of Defense
research grant is renewed.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
...without the Department of Homeland
Security tattling to your mother.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
Anyway, I got some extra money
from the head of the DEPARTMENT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
from the forensic psychiatry DEPARTMENT.
Shall I read it to you?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
which is a sanctioned DEPARTMENT
of the U.S. government.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
English to Portuguese Dictionary: department
Meaning and definitions of department, translation in Portuguese
language for department with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of department in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'department'
What department means in Portuguese, department meaning
in Portuguese, department
definition, examples and pronunciation
of department in Portuguese language.