casal, par, dupla, parelha, trelaacoplar, ligar, unir, juntar, copular
Noun(1) a pair who associate with one another(2) a pair of people who live together(3) a small indefinite number(4) two items of the same kind(5) (physics
Verb(1) bring two objects, ideas, or people together(2) link together(3) form a pair or pairs(4) engage in sexual intercourse
(1) a honeymoon couple(2) the beetles may couple up to form a pair(3) Congratulations are extended to the newly married couple and their families.(4) A new couple whirled onto the dance floor and snatched her attention.(5) just a couple more questions(6) we got some eggs├ö├ç├Âwould you like a couple?(7) But you seem to have asked the question a couple of times, and I am a bit puzzled by that.(8) My guard had been increased and it was a small army of a couple of dozen soldiers who rattled around with me.(9) a couple of girls were playing marbles(10) a married couple(11) So Jesse and I just went into the kitchen to get a couple of chicken sandwiches.(12) clean the stains with a couple squirts dishwashing liquid(13) as middle-class youth grew more tolerant of sex, they started to couple more often(14) Locate the marking tool on the door or jamb, and strike it sharply with a hammer a couple times.(15) Jim gave his regulator a couple of squirts on the purge button to reassure himself that his air was turned on.(16) Most households consist of a married or unmarried couple and their children.
(1) a couple :: um casal
(2) a couple of :: alguns
(3) married couple :: casal casado
(4) perfect couple :: casal perfeito
(5) couple of days :: alguns dias
(6) a couple of days :: alguns dias
(7) couple of hours :: algumas horas
(8) couple of weeks :: algumas semanas
(9) in a couple of hours :: em algumas horas
(10) couple of minutes :: par de minutos
1. pair ::
2. husband and wife ::
marido e mulher
3. some ::
5. twosome ::
6. duad ::
7. combine with ::
8. connect ::
9. pair ::
10. mate ::
11. couple up ::
12. twin ::
1. army ::
2. crowd ::
3. flock ::
4. horde ::
5. host ::
6. legion ::
7. many ::
8. mountain ::
9. multitude ::
couple, coupled, couples, decouple, decouples
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Look at us, sneaking around in the middle
of the night like a COUPLE of cat burglars.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
looking like a COUPLE chumps?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
Jeez, what a fun COUPLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
It's just her Facebook page, and we've
only been going out a COUPLE of weeks.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
I could wrap up an order of mee krob
and a COUPLE of lottery scratchers.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
English to Portuguese Dictionary: couple
Meaning and definitions of couple, translation in Portuguese
language for couple with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of couple in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'couple'
What couple means in Portuguese, couple meaning
in Portuguese, couple
definition, examples and pronunciation
of couple in Portuguese language.