comunidade, sociedade, comunhão, público, colônia, grêmio, semelhança
Noun(1) a group of people living in a particular local area(2) a group of people having a religion, ethnic, profession, or other particular characteristic in common(3) common ownership(4) a group of nations having common interests(5) agreement as to goals(6) a district where people live; occupied primarily by private residences(7) (ecology
(1) We may share a community of interest, but we have little else in common with America.(2) It is the only Benedictine community for nuns in Ireland and is experiencing a serious decline in vocations.(3) With its attendant parade and fireworks displays, Derby Week in Louisville promotes festive community spirit around this mid-sized River City.(4) It was the first fully indigenous feature to come out of Winnipeg and was inspirational to the local film community .(5) there were no facilities for the local community(6) The workshops are being led by Salisbury-based community artist Alex Grant.(7) Such reductions can come without increasing efficiency but at a social cost to the community .(8) a rural community(9) research community(10) There are people who are dangerous to society, who the community will want to keep locked up.(11) Once a year I spend a weekend at a Buddhist monastery populated by a community of monks and nuns.(12) We need this community of interest to be based on and a part of sound, equitable decision making.(13) It is hard to think of a local scene without a locus, to have a sense of community without a common sense of place.(14) Acomb's three main ward areas were regularly patrolled by community officers, or ward managers.(15) Public places that help foster a sense of community and nurture civic culture.(16) He understood that the country and Nazi Germany shared a community of aims.
(1) gated community :: Condomínio fechado
(2) community service :: serviço comunitário
(3) the community :: a comunidade
(4) international community :: comunidade internacional
(5) community development :: Desenvolvimento comunitário
(6) community center :: Centro Comunitário
(7) sense of community :: senso comunitário
(8) business community :: comunidade empresarial
(9) community garden :: horta comunitária
(10) community spirit :: Espírito comunitário
1. public ::
2. district ::
3. group ::
4. brotherhood ::
5. community of interests ::
comunidade de interesses
6. residential area ::
1. difference ::
2. disagreement ::
3. discrepancy ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
we're gonna get the scientific
COMMUNITY behind us.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
"Not knowing's part of the fun." Was that
the motto of your COMMUNITY college?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
Now the whole scientific
COMMUNITY knows I was wrong.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
It's a very nice COMMUNITY.
The Queen Mary is docked there.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
The science world is
a small COMMUNITY. People talk.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 19
English to Portuguese Dictionary: community
Meaning and definitions of community, translation in Portuguese
language for community with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of community in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'community'
What community means in Portuguese, community meaning
in Portuguese, community
definition, examples and pronunciation
of community in Portuguese language.