nuvem, névoa, bruma, sombra, mancha, multidão, desgraçanublar, obscurecer, anuviar, turvar, escurecer, perturbar, entristecer
Noun(1) any collection of particles (e.g., smoke or dust(2) a visible mass of water or ice particles suspended at a considerable altitude(3) out of touch with reality(4) a cause of worry or gloom or trouble(5) suspicion affecting your reputation(6) a group of many things in the air or on the ground
Verb(1) make overcast or cloudy(2) make less visible or unclear(3) billow up in the form of a cloud(4) make gloomy or depressed(5) place under suspicion or cast doubt upon(6) make less clear(7) colour with streaks or blotches of different shades(8) make milky or dull
(1) I felt a cloud settling on me as I sailed out of the harbour, a deep, dark cloud of troubles to come.(2) He wanted to get the cloud of suspicion off his sons.(3) A cloud passed over his face as he struggled with the information and his companion's jaw dropped in disbelief at the usurer's injunction.(4) A cloud of smoke billowed up from the barrel of the pistol and the odor of gunpowder filled her nostrils.(5) a cloud passed over Jessica's face(6) All too soon the wind will turn, the sky will cloud over and out will come the umbrellas again.(7) All he could see was a cloud of dust and smoke rising from the devastated Stable Block.(8) A man who has lived under the cloud of suspicion after the death of his wife today spoke of the trauma of a never ending wait for answers.(9) There was a crack of thunder and the three of them vanished in a cloud of smoke.(10) A lorry thunders into the car park leaving a cloud of dust in its trail.(11) When I looked over the edge of the foxhole, the village was obscured by a cloud of dust and smoke.(12) Lisa's vision began to cloud with tears, but she forced herself not to cry.(13) He looks downcast, a frown passing like a cloud over his famously large forehead.(14) Early on in this deployment I walked past a sports field and noticed a cloud of dust obscuring the far end.(15) A cloud passed over her face, and it was clear she was making an important decision.(16) His face darkened, as if a cloud had passed over it.
(1) cloud nine :: nona Nuvem
(2) cloud computing :: computação em nuvem
(3) cloud cover :: cobertura de nuvens
(4) dark cloud :: nuvem negra
(5) storm cloud :: Nuvem de tempestade
(6) rain cloud :: nuvem de chuva
(7) tag cloud :: tag cloud
(8) cloud point :: ponto nuvem
(9) on cloud nine :: nas nuvens
1. mass ::
2. swarm ::
3. become cloudy ::
4. make cloudy ::
5. confuse ::
6. dapple ::
7. overcast ::
8. fog ::
9. corrupt ::
cloud, clouded, clouding, cloudless, clouds, cloudy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The strangely-shaped CLOUD
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
It did, but luckily, all my photos
got backed up to the CLOUD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
- Happy now?
- I'm on a CLOUD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
Tammy Jo Saint Cloud.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 22
...for that dense molecular CLOUD
of Aramis to dissipate.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
English to Portuguese Dictionary: cloud
Meaning and definitions of cloud, translation in Portuguese
language for cloud with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cloud in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'cloud'
What cloud means in Portuguese, cloud meaning
in Portuguese, cloud
definition, examples and pronunciation
of cloud in Portuguese language.